PDA

View Full Version : Measurement of flow rate

Lloyd Dias
21-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Could someone help me, I want to know how to calculate the flow rate of refrigerant inside an air conditioner. Is there a device or formula i can use.

robgfreeze
21-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Could someone help me, I want to know how to calculate the flow rate of refrigerant inside an air conditioner. Is there a device or formula i can use.

Anemometer, usually the reading in m/s (air velocity), then you need to know the face area to calculate the air volume.

nike123
21-04-2009, 11:34 AM
If you know displacement of compressor and discharge (or suction) pressure, you could calculate flow from refrigerant properties (density at certain pressure).
Also, you could use coolpack software for such calculations.
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Coolpack/UK/download.html

nike123
21-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Anemometer, usually the reading in m/s (air velocity), then you need to know the face area to calculate the air volume.
Please, read question one more time.

sparrow
30-11-2009, 11:11 PM

Hi Lioyd,

If you wish the Mass flow rate of your refrigerant you could simply divide your capacity (kw) by your Refrigeration Effect. This might be a little easier than working out your displacement and dividing by the specific volume described earlier by Nike 123. it would depend of course if you are happy with your Mollier charts.

Regards

Sparrow

moideen
01-12-2009, 09:34 AM

Hi Lioyd,

If you wish the Mass flow rate of your refrigerant you could simply divide your capacity (kw) by your Refrigeration Effect. This might be a little easier than working out your displacement and dividing by the specific volume described earlier by Nike 123. it would depend of course if you are happy with your Mollier charts.

Regards

Sparrow

could you explain it with examples...

thanking
moideen-dubai

sparrow
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Moideen, hi actually it should be recorded on a phychometric chart, not as I had written above. I am doing many things at the moment with mollier charts and can confuse even myself at times.

Regards

Sparrow