PDA

View Full Version : Rotocold shaft-seal

borley
20-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Hello

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts, mainly shaft seals for a Rotocold R81 rotary compressor.
I have searched the net and have come up with Rotocold ltd. in Bolton, but I cannot get through to them, I suspect they no longer exist or have been taken over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Shaun

andywill
21-04-2009, 02:47 AM
This is the closest thing I could find but looking at the contact info they are not in the UK. They may know of a uk supplier if you e-mail them. I am pretty sure rotocold went bust some time ago. I haven't worked on one of them since the late 80's.
http://www.jotek-eng.com/modelcorrelations.htm
Maybe some of the guys on here could have more luck, I have also found reference to them as Frick Blu-Cold (previously rotocold). Good Luck.

Grizzly
21-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Hello

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts, mainly shaft seals for a Rotocold R81 rotary compressor.
I have searched the net and have come up with Rotocold ltd. in Bolton, but I cannot get through to them, I suspect they no longer exist or have been taken over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Shaun

Hi Shaun.
I don't like posting links to specific companies as it is unfair to all the users that have an allegiance.
But as your case is so specific.
May i suggest you try Seals and Mounts at Wellington Somerset (01823 660033)
I have not used them myself, but I have several customers that do and they seem happy.
I know they refurbish Shaft Seals and I am certain that they Will be able to identify the seal and help?
Also as they are so close you could if you choose pop in and seek their advise!
The guys i use are up in Nottingham so as a last resort if you are still stuck.
Let me know and I will pass on their details.
Compressors may differ but there are not that many seal manufacturers.
So identification should not be that bad!
Good Luck Grizzly.

borley
21-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. Cheers
Shaun