PDA

View Full Version : Bosch KGN33V00GB Thermistors

donkey
19-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi. A newbie here. I have been given a Bosch KGN33V00GB Frost Free Fridge Freezer that no longer cools. Both compartments don't work.

I think the problem lies with the two thermistors. One next to the cooling fins is reading shortcircuit and the other one that sits above the cooling fins reads about 6k ohms at room temperature.

I cannot find data on this fridge and so was wondering whether anybody on this forum has any information on what values these thermistors should be?

To clarify things, the compressor works and the baffle inside the fridge compartment isn't stuck. The fan also works. When I disconnected the short circuit thermistor, you can hear the compressor working, however, the freezer is not getting cold.

tineke
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Hm dont thik so termistor wich is in shortcircuit is not NTC but the termal fuze for defrosting heater.If overheats he will cut of the power for the heater.NTC value of 6k is for 21*C.I think your fridge is without the gas.

donkey
13-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Thank you for your kind help. Sorry I took so long to reply but I've just got back from abroad. Will let you all know the outcome of all this.

donkey
14-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Hi all. Final update with this refrigerator. I gave this to an engineer friend of mine. The problem was down to a faulty relay by the compressor.