PDA

View Full Version : Daikin L6 error code

syahidian
19-04-2009, 07:09 PM
hi, i found error code L6 (compressor motor shorted or short circuit), the compressor running normal after reset, but it happen again with error code L6, can u give me a clue to solve this problem. thx

Grizzly
19-04-2009, 07:39 PM
It sounds as if the internal windings within the Compressor may be shorting as the compressor gets warm.
When all has cooled there is no leakage until the critical temperature has been reached.
In short it sounds like a new compressor is required?
Grizzly

syahidian
20-04-2009, 02:19 AM
i have been check the compressor, the winding is have good resistance, after compressor running an hour L6 error code is happen.

Grizzly
20-04-2009, 06:11 AM
i have been check the compressor, the winding is have good resistance, after compressor running an hour L6 error code is happen.

Ok so when it trips the resistances across the windings are good (including to Earth?).
Then I would change the overload and contactor.
Have you put a clamp meter on the comp supply to see what it draws Amperage wise?
It may not be a short but a gradual increase in amps drawn!
Grizzly

Thermatech
20-04-2009, 08:57 AM
With Mega test
what is the Mega ohms reading for windings to ground with very hot compressor shell temp ?

Windings can start to fail to ground when the comp get hot & running at high amps but can run ok from cold at low amps.

The only sure test is with Mega meter.

nike123
20-04-2009, 10:55 AM
As Termatech said, check compressor with insulation tester, not digital multimeter.
http://www.mediafire.com/?11izldhsd3d

brunstar
20-04-2009, 09:36 PM
hi there, with this one, if the compressor meaters out ok you may have a fault with the pcb, so keep an eye on your current, it may not be the windings, it may be the bearings in the compressor, to see if the pcb is ok check the voltage to the compressor and make sure that this is equal first.

sinewave
22-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, tight mechanical bearings can give the same fault indications as 'electrical break down' of the internal windings.

Bit like a stiff Water Tap (for want of a better explanation) over time!