PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help, freezer is warm

orville
19-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi, we have just recently got a retro smeg fridge and the freezer is not working yet the fridge is. We have read the manual and made sure everything is set correctly but can't get it to work. The only technical details I can give about a possibility of the failure is that in the bottom right corner at the back of the fridgefreezer, there is a pipe which seems to of been cut and the ends squashed together. It is coming from a something labelled as suction something and the pipe is labelled fab32. I apologise for lack of detail just hoping someone with experience can help and may have an idea of the problem. Not sure if the pipe is meant to be like that as it looks as if it has been done intentionally, thanks.

Latte
19-04-2009, 05:42 PM
sounds to me like someone has cut the freezer out of the curcuit and sealed the pipes. Difficult to know without seeing it, maybe you could take a photo and post

nike123
20-04-2009, 11:09 AM

nike123
20-04-2009, 11:10 AM
If it is urgent, call 911!:D

What you describing is either process tube or third (process again) tube of compressor. Since this is hermetically sealed system, that is used to evacuate and charge system in production.
If freezer doesn't work, and fridge is working, than you have two compressor assembly, and one is not pumping, or if pumps, it is some problem with respective refrigerant cycle.
Could be control problem or something else. Since both electrical and refrigerant circuit troubleshooting and servicing require skill and proper tools, you can hardly do anything without endanger your life.
So, call service technician!