PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic A/C

Lucas
18-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Had a new conservatory fitted and require 3.5KW A/C.
I have a chance of a New and boxed Panasonic CU-A125KE at £100........Problem is I cannot find any info about it anywhere!
Hoping someone here may have seen/ worked or installed one of these and can report on wether or not to buy or avoid? Or even what the thing is worth .....is it worth £100?
I realise that it runs R22 and that a replacement gas will be needed.

Thanks all
Paul AKA Lucas

Brian_UK
18-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Found a user manual but that was all....

http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/PANASONIC/CUA125KE-_E

Lucas
19-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks Brian.

Still be interested on any other thoughts people may have.

Paul.

stefs_cruiser
19-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Was a pretty solid unit, no real know issues, but pretty old now though...
Guessing 5 ~ 6 Years old?

CU means outdoor
A is reverse cycle R22 fixed speed style
12 is 12000 BTU
5 is series
K is wall mounted
E is country destination, in this case europe...

Lucas
19-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks Stef_Cruiser.

Sounds ok to me.

Would you be happy to pay 100 quid if you wanted it?

Paul

stefs_cruiser
20-04-2009, 12:16 AM
for my own use yes, but not for another customer.

If it is for a customer you have to charge the same for the install, but you can't warrant the job, as part may be NLA soon as well....

Hope it comes with a CS-A125KE as well :-))

Lucas
20-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for info stefs_cruiser.

It is for my personnal use, thats why I think I'll get it. With the current economic climate I just think that for 100 quid if it only runs a couple of years or if parts are not available in a few years time I can replace with something a bit more 'inverter' sophisticated.(when times are not so uncertain)

Air handler, remote and manuals all in.....might get two at that price. The bloke has a few he wants rid of.

Greengrocer
20-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I doub't whether a 3.5kW system will be enough for a conservatory. Bedroom yes but glass conservatory, no. Do the calculations and you will find that not even 10/15kW will not be enough for an average south facing example. I would say 5kW would be the absolute minimum capacity for a north facing exposure. Reality is you can only temper the internal temp in a conservatory - forget trying to get down below 27-30c in peak summer even with a decent sized unit. A 3.5kW system will hardly put a dent in the internal temp.
Personally I don't think it's worth it - not even for £100.