PDA

View Full Version : Beverage cooller / wine well

mvtop
18-04-2009, 11:00 PM
I have a cooling system from old coke machine.
I wanted to use the parts from that and make a beverage chiller simlar to a wine well.
which is a chiller that chills the water in a tub and circulates the water around the bottle of wine to cool it quickly. i would like to make something similar but bring the temp. down just be low freezing. so i have very cold water circulating around the beverages to cool fast. that's the project.

i didn't know if i could convert the system that cooled the coke machine in to something that is cooling water.
currently the system is coil of copper tubing with a fan in the middle blowing over the coil to cool the drinks.
i'm new to this so bare with me. pls.

any input is helpfull thanks.
mv.

Brian_UK
18-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Remove the fan, put the coil in a tank of water, fit a pump to circulate the water.

Very basic suggestion but you get the idea...

mvtop
18-04-2009, 11:58 PM
thanks for the relply.
i would like to swap out the old coil and replace with a larger one in order to have more room in the middle for beverages. currently if i remove the fan and place it in the water i could place one can/beer between the coils. i would like to expand it in order to place many. would it be just a matter of adding more ***** since i've added more space?
thanks.