View Full Version : Scroll Compressors

bernard
27-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Hello

What is FUSITE PINS within the comp

regards bernard :confused:

Latte
27-05-2004, 06:33 PM
I Thought a fusite was some kind of electrical connection between the start and run windings , although could be wrong. can i ask why you want to know as it may be of some help.

Regards

Raymond

chemi-cool
27-05-2004, 06:43 PM
hi bernard,

it sounds like internat protection for currant overload or heating of the windings.

what is the compressor make and model? essential information!

Chemi

bernard
27-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi there

I fitted a scroll condencing unit for the first time last week and while in the area again I popped in to see how the little baby was getting on. Fitted my guages and found it was pumping itself into a vacum. The pressure switch was faulty, changed it and off it went. I have since heard that scrolls don,t like vacumes and can cause arcing across the fusite pins. :(

Regards bernard

rbartlett
27-05-2004, 07:12 PM
these are the terminals which you put the spade connectors onto

ie those 1-2mm dia pins with male spade connectors soldered onto them..

http://www.copeland-corp.com/americas/ae1312.pdf

page 10 of 17

cheers

richard

bernard
27-05-2004, 07:20 PM
thanks richard

bernard

Peter_1
27-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Just to be complete,
Fusite, a division of Emerson, is the worldwide leader in glass-to-metal hermetic seals, feed-thrus and connectors with custom glass formulations and precision metal stampings and machining capabilities.

chemi-cool
27-05-2004, 08:13 PM
hi berarad,

now that peter have solved your problem one more important thing.

when you start a new unit, it is vital to let it run for a few cycles, checking all controlls for proper function, temp and alarm controlls and currant overloads.

you might have saved this problem.

chemi

bernard
27-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi Chemi

As always I value your wealth of experience and advice but all standard checks were carried out over a two hour period while I was doing some minor repairs on another unit.This only occured due to a faulty pressure switch that must of went faulty later on. ;)

cheers bernard

chemi-cool
28-05-2004, 08:02 AM
hi bernard,

I'm sure you did.

I dont know what make is your pressure control units but as a law, I always connect the gages to any pressure control device and adjust it the the desire pressure using OFN.

this way with a simple 24V lamp connected to the terminals, its easy to see how the unit function.

this is done usualy in the workshop and components are set and tested to fit.

in repairing in the field, the simple practice is to let it work for a few cycles and adjust it during system work.

I find that using ALCO, DANFOSS (not east european manufactur) and RANCO are most satisfying price/working years.

another factor to consider, is what are they operate.
operating contactor or relay ensure long life of the contact inside. in some places, a fan or solenoid is connected directly and when cut off accure, a spark creates between the contacts and burn them slowly until they disapeare and the conntrol stop to operate.

hope I've cotributed some thing for your knowlege.

chemi :)

bernard
28-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Hi chemi

Time is always an important factor. and if fitting new equiptment,to a certain degree you have to have faith in your equiptment as these would have been tested by manufacturer.
I do however pride myself in being meticulos about the job in hand. The pressure switch was a ranco replaced with a danfoss.

The only stupid question is the one that was never asked :D

Kind regards as always

Bernard

chemi-cool
28-05-2004, 08:39 PM
never trust a manufacturer!
always trust yourself after you have tested the equipment!

if you have to come back to a job that was already "done"

your profit from the job will be less.

work slow - work once.

chemi :)

bernard
28-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Now why can,t my boss be more like you chemi,any jobs going for a man that asks 40 questions per day :D

Regards

Bernard

chemi-cool
28-05-2004, 08:48 PM
you can come and work with me not for me.

I am desperatly looking for a fridgie but with no luck.

all they want is a free mobile, and use of the van after work for private money making - not with me.

chemi

bernard
28-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Hi chemi

The wife, mother in law, 4 Kids, 4 Dogs ,3 Rabbits ,6 guinea pigs and budgies are on our way.Where is israel any where near London.

Regards

Bernard

chemi-cool
28-05-2004, 09:00 PM
yes you are in the right direction, just before london, turn right and go south east for 4500 km.

i will be waiting :D
chemi