PDA

View Full Version : simple way for cleaning A/C split type

refri_holic
17-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Umm ....... Hello all!

One day, we cleaned A/C split type and like usual ... we used water from water pump to burst the indoor unit, and the water spreaded out to the room and many flew on the wall, that made dirty...

the customer :mad: complainted with that ...!
I heard that engineers from singapor used air to clean A/C split type...:o

would you like to tell me how the way?
thank you so much to answer ... :)

nike123
17-04-2009, 04:15 PM
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=hr&tl=en&u=http://miloc.hr/galerija/category/C14/&prev=hp

Brian_UK
17-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Good set of informative photos there Nike, thanks.

refri_holic
21-04-2009, 01:48 PM
it isnt the answer that i want ... there is another way to clean evap. without water...
use water to clean needs heavy preparing ... but thanks for ur answer above

nike123
21-04-2009, 02:21 PM
it isnt the answer that i want ... there is another way to clean evap. without water...
use water to clean needs heavy preparing ... but thanks for ur answer above

I don't know what you want, but that is the only proper way. It consists of washing, disinfection and protection of slime build-up.
Therefore your air conditioner is not source of bad, smelly, unhealthy air.

robin r33 gtr
21-04-2009, 10:05 PM
I have seen people join a air line gun to a nitrogen bottle and regulator and blow the units out.

nike123
21-04-2009, 10:25 PM
I have seen people join a air line gun to a nitrogen bottle and regulator and blow the units out.
That is not cleaning, that is dust blowing!

robin r33 gtr
21-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin r33 gtr http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/VA_RE/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142304#post142304)

That is not cleaning, that is dust blowing!

I know that but some building maintenance companies do this.

The guy was asking about cleaning with air and this is proberly what he has heard of.

AbsoluteWDJ
24-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Umm ....... Hello all!

One day, we cleaned A/C split type and like usual ... we used water from water pump to burst the indoor unit, and the water spreaded out to the room and many flew on the wall, that made dirty...

There is no easy way of cleaning indoor unit if it's soiled. I would always recommend that stripping the unit down and taking drainpan, fan blade, covers, filters and louvers to a place where they can be cleaned..i.e..large sink, outside, bathroom area. The indoor coil clean with appropriate spray whilst drain pan is connected and if necessary the condensate pump operating. It's not worth looking for easier or quicker ways, blowing the unit through with air won't solve any issues with smell etc...I wouldn't carry out the above works on a general service though.

wingman
01-05-2009, 09:19 PM
There is no easy way of cleaning indoor unit if it's soiled. I would always recommend that stripping the unit down and taking drainpan, fan blade, covers, filters and louvers to a place where they can be cleaned..i.e..large sink, outside, bathroom area. The indoor coil clean with appropriate spray whilst drain pan is connected and if necessary the condensate pump operating. It's not worth looking for easier or quicker ways, blowing the unit through with air won't solve any issues with smell etc...I wouldn't carry out the above works on a general service though.

I second that. But, if its just dust, you can blow it with nitrogen and afterwards spray some carlyBio in the intake over the complete length of the coil. Make sure the fan is running. and you are wearing breathing, hand and eye protection. Oh and make sure the room is ventilated :)

Bondster
16-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Umm ....... Hello all!

I live in Singapore and I think I found what the article which describes what you are talking about. Just Google this phrase "How to Clean your Split Air Conditioner like a Pro- Save Time And Money" to find it.

lowcool
17-09-2009, 06:45 AM
use water in a degreasing gun with air compressor and drop sheet

Shibhrac
17-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I do agree with you.