PDA

View Full Version : Which is the quietest of them all? (Bedrm applic)

Makeit go Right
16-04-2009, 07:00 PM
A customer has a 3.5kW Fujitsu R22 system (not sure of exact model) and wants it replaced with a quieter system (bedroom application).

The interconnecting pipework is concealed behind expensive cornices and plastered/papered walls etc and they are looking for a solution that can reuse the old R22 pipework, rather than having to refurbish 2-3 rooms.

a) The existing pipework sizes need checking for wall thickness: I believe I need a minimum of 0.8mm wall thickness for R410a gas, up to ¾-inch dia pipes. How would one normally measure the existing? With a calliper thingy? ie compare inside dia and outside dia, or just measure wall thickness. Any other practicals ways to do this?

b) Also need to confirm existing pipe diameters and make sure manufacturer is happy if they are slightly wrong-sized. (The run is about 9m.)

c) The existing system works so it could be pumped down after running for 30mins or so to get rid of most of the oil. And if other cleaning is required, that could be done too, of course.

Therefore, I am looking for a very quiet 3.5kW system, ideally one that the manufacturer is receptive on reusing R22 pipework.

So, “Mirror mirror, on the wall, who is the quietest of them all?”

I checked with Daikin kit re reuse of R22 pipewk and they can only offer RZQ solutions (7kW and upwards) and, anyway, their small units are not so quiet.

I am presently searching Mitsubishi, Panasonic, and Hitachi…….thought I’d check if anyone has been down this road already?

Which models, what tips?

nike123
16-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Check Eurovent page!

Greengrocer
16-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I think your going to hit a brick wall re the use of existing pipework for this size of unit. Toshiba's DI range can re-use R22 pipe-work but the smallest capacity is 5kW and at 33dBA it's not the quietest either.
Most systems that can re-use r22 pipework are commecial systems.
Those with quiet 3.5kW indoor units won't be able to re-use the pipework. Checkmate!!
Mitsi Electric's new MSZ-FD35-VA 3.5kW high wall is about the quietest on the market at 21dBA on low speed but I don't think it can re-use R22 pipework.

Mitsi's Mr.Slim Power Inverter PKA-RP35 is 3.5kW, can re-use R22/407c pipework but low speed noise level is 36dBA which is not that quiet. Which ever way you turn your snookered.
Not sure your going to win this one.

Makeit go Right
16-04-2009, 09:01 PM
That Eurovent website is interesting (didn't know about it before). It highlights mitsi/e model SLZ-KA35VA but makes no mention of noise levels.

Si I am not sure if it has based the answer on noise levels of some other perameter than I noted.

Makeit go Right
16-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks Greengrocer.

nike123
16-04-2009, 09:25 PM
That Eurovent website is interesting (didn't know about it before). It highlights mitsi/e model SLZ-KA35VA but makes no mention of noise levels.

Si I am not sure if it has based the answer on noise levels of some other perameter than I noted.

Try here (http://www.eurovent-certification.com/en/Certified_products/Search_Engine.php#search)! ............

tonyh
17-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Mitsubishi Electric have MSZ-GC35VA/MUZ-GC35VA high wall mount inveter system with an indoor dBA of 22 on low setting and is suitable for R22 replacement.

Makeit go Right
18-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Thanks, Tony. I've had a look at it and it seems to be what we need. Thanks for the tip.