PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu VRF

AbsoluteWDJ
15-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Has anyone out there had experience with operating a Fujitsu outdoor m/n: AOY90TPAMF in test mode cooling/heating from the outdoor PCB? I've tried calling Fujitsu tech VRF based....It just seems to hang up after running through the automated messages...Three times was enough!

Prince Vaillant
15-04-2009, 04:50 PM
E-mail me with the details i'll sort it for you tomorrow.

Pingo
15-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Re-Fujitsu VRF

On the outside board

SW 1 dip switch 1 for cooling Test
SW 1 dip switch 2 for heating test

regards bob

AbsoluteWDJ
15-04-2009, 10:19 PM
E-mail me with the details i'll sort it for you tomorrow.

I'm going back friday....There are 9 fan coils on this system but I couldn't get to all controls. I would like to run system at full capacity in cooling. There are three fixed speed compressors but whilst I was there, only one compressor was operating. I believe there is a shortage of refrigerant but it'll be good if I know how to operate the system in test mode from outdoor PCB

AbsoluteWDJ
15-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Re-Fujitsu VRF

On the outside board

SW 1 dip switch 1 for cooling Test
SW 1 dip switch 2 for heating test

regards bob

Cheers Bob

AbsoluteWDJ
20-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I attended site Friday and Saturday. Reclaimed 3.7kg R407c from within system (Should be 13.5kg). Divided and pressure tested system over night. Found pressure drop indoor/interconnecting pipe side on Saturday morning. Went leak checking indoor flares first and found one showing up with leak spray but also oil around a couple more 1/2" flare nuts (not showing with leak spray) Decided to change all nine 1/2" flares and this is what I found on three of them:

Either a bad batch of flare nuts or an over zealous install engineer me thinks! Also can anyone explain this picture to me:

It's a three pipe outdoor unit but only 2 pipe system which T's of to two headers with nine fan coils...Did Fujtisu make the outdoor universal...It appears to operate as it should, so it's not a complaint just an observation!

nike123
21-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Either a bad batch of flare nuts or an over zealous install engineer me thinks!

Or it could be that when portion of refrigerant is leaked and evaporation temp is dropped below freezing , that damaged nuts are full of water at threads, and after water is frozen, ice has broken nuts.

Also can anyone explain this picture to me:

It's a three pipe outdoor unit but only 2 pipe system which T's of to two headers with nine fan coils...Did Fujtisu make the outdoor universal...It appears to operate as it should, so it's not a complaint just an observation!

What is model number?

AbsoluteWDJ
21-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Or it could be that when portion of refrigerant is leaked and evaporation temp is dropped below freezing , that damaged nuts are full of water at threads, and after water is frozen, ice has broken nuts.

What is model number?

Hi nike123, it is Fujitsu outdoor m/n: AOY90TPAMF

nike123
21-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi nike123, it is Fujitsu outdoor m/n: AOY90TPAMF

That is heat recovery model unit!
If it was AOY90TPBMF it would be non-heat recovery model

robin r33 gtr
21-04-2009, 10:15 PM
In my experience I would say they have all been overtightened.
People should be using tourqe spanners, but I have not met another engineer who does.

AbsoluteWDJ
22-04-2009, 12:03 PM
That is heat recovery model unit!
If it was AOY90TPBMF it would be non-heat recovery model

I've never seen this before....Strange, but it operates correctly, when it has correct amount of refrigerant!

AbsoluteWDJ
22-04-2009, 12:10 PM
In my experience I would say they have all been overtightened.
People should be using tourqe spanners, but I have not met another engineer who does.

The flare nuts that were cracked in the photos were easy to disconnect but the rest of them were extremely tight....I'll agree with you mate...Oh and in all honesty I have never used torque spanners either! Flare nuts OD differ between manufactures. So you end up having to invest in different sets of torque spanners.

nike123
22-04-2009, 12:17 PM
The flare nuts that were cracked in the photos were easy to disconnect but the rest of them were extremely tight....I'll agree with you mate...Oh and in all honesty I have never used torque spanners either! Flare nuts OD differ between manufactures. So you end up having to invest in different sets of torque spanners.

Or you could use different size adjustable spanners and learn how to dose power from your wrist.

AbsoluteWDJ
25-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Or you could use different size adjustable spanners and learn how to dose power from your wrist.

Which is exactly what I do....Do you use torque spanners nike123 and what is your opinion regarding them? I have never seen an a/c engineer use them in my time!

nike123
25-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Which is exactly what I do....Do you use torque spanners nike123 and what is your opinion regarding them? I have never seen an a/c engineer use them in my time!

I don't use torque spanners.

I have used them few times and figured how much I need to tighten with adjustable spanners. Now, I don't have need to using them any more.;)