PDA

View Full Version : xarios 350 problem

dodgy paul
14-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi there just fitted new compressor to xarios unit as the old one seized, been vacuumed and gased but once left running as soon as it started the red light came on, looked at code and said p01 (low pressure switch open) yet the pressure is fine. then as i turned it off and on a couple of times and hit the reset button it now says low batt voltage! anybody got any help or work in the herfordshire area and fancy sorting it out for me!

abbsnowman
14-04-2009, 05:00 PM
The "p" represents a "past" alarm. The battery voltage is probably because buttons were pushed too quickly. I have seen alot of these have failed low pressure switches as well.
Why did compressor sieze?

dodgy paul
14-04-2009, 09:42 PM
No idea why comp seized maybe age? 8yrs on van. have been told batt voltage maybe dirty earth. will go through wires tomorrow

abbsnowman
15-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

dodgy paul
19-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Here we go, i finally went through all connections and cleaned what needed to be cleaned but still have batt on the control unit. has anyone got any ideas? getting desperate now!

dodgy paul
19-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Would happily pay an engineer to do this job but just cant pay someone to drive from kent to and from hertfordshire, whats that all about! and is there nobody that works on transport fridges in herts area!!

hovis7171
19-04-2009, 05:53 PM
did you see if the pressure switch itself is working at all

dodgy paul
19-04-2009, 09:04 PM
all seems to be working fine,power on and shows temp then as soon as the fridge should start then the batt message pops up. if i hold the set button it shows a00 so i believe that part is fine, anymore help out there??

clivemtk
19-04-2009, 09:33 PM
have you checked the 50amp main fuse and the ignition inline fuse

abbsnowman
20-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Do you have a manual?
Check Battery voltage at the stud on the side of the unit on the driverside. (Remove panel, can't miss it.)

dodgy paul
20-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Fuses all fine there is power going to the stud on the unit but havent tested the amps will try that as soon as i can cheers, also yes ive got a manual for it

clivemtk
20-04-2009, 09:11 PM
the reason battery comes up is truck or battery supply is low a thick red cable or positive starts at battery to fuse 50amp from fuse to positive stud at micro possible large amp draw when clutch pulls in diconnect clutch and try

deanCool
20-04-2009, 09:48 PM
most likely a bad earth at the relay board unit. Check battery terminals also.

dodgy paul
21-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Checking volts tomorrow will also try disconnecting clutch and test that way too, cheers guys i'll let you know how i get on

abbsnowman
22-04-2009, 05:03 AM
I hate to say it but I have changed micro's for this error. Best be sure though.

dodgy paul
23-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Found a break in the live to the compressor, replaced it and guess what!! Controls wont come on now, does that wire go direct from live to compressor as i didnt chase it I just cut it at a point where it was accessible before the break? no fuses blown so I will dig around to see if that wire went from ign live to something else before comp

dodgy paul
23-04-2009, 12:32 PM
What an idiot! knew before I walked back out the door that the live couldnt go direct to comp so chased wires to microprocessor and bingo wires have no breaks so am I correct in assuming I need a new micro??
God I'll be glad when this is done!!!

dodgy paul
23-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I take it that is a microprocessor on the roof unit with a multitude of pins, just so I order the right thing!!

abbsnowman
23-04-2009, 04:33 PM
The micro is behind the panel on the fan side of the condenser section. (Here in Canada it's the dreiver side. lol)
I suggest you look at the wires going into it and confirm by address you have the right componant. This will also help you become familiar with what goes were etc.
Does this make sense? Hard to describe what I am trying to say. Basicly, just be sure because they are expensive and non returnable.

dodgy paul
23-04-2009, 06:07 PM
The part im talking about is the bit at the front with blue sticker on it. Am I correct??

thefridgeman2
23-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I wouldnt buy a micro yet

Xarios requires 2 feeds to light up.

1 Ignition feed on pin 4 of micro
2 Battery feed (BTY) on front of micro
"Also the condensor cover has a micro switch on it so if the cover is off nothing will light up."

Battery voltage alarm could be a config error these units run on 12v and 24v trucks.

To check this the cab control has a pin hole in the back of it, push a pin in then the cofigs will display on the front.

I would also check all fan motors for seizure this can also cause battery voltage to drop causing the BTY alarm.

dodgy paul
23-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I wouldnt buy a micro yet

Xarios requires 2 feeds to light up.

1 Ignition feed on pin 4 of micro
2 Battery feed (BTY) on front of micro
"Also the condensor cover has a micro switch on it so if the cover is off nothing will light up."

Battery voltage alarm could be a config error these units run on 12v and 24v trucks.

To check this the cab control has a pin hole in the back of it, push a pin in then the cofigs will display on the front.

I would also check all fan motors for seizure this can also cause battery voltage to drop causing the BTY alarm.

I've reconnected ign live to micro and chlr wire back to compressor so got original fault back.
Doubt i'll get a chance to look at unit again till sunday now. Fans are ok and not seized.
Will check pin 4 Sunday but can run through the configs tomorrow.

Cheers for the help guys its apprecieated

abbsnowman
25-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Your correct, that is the micro. Wow, that girl looks abused!
Why is it not on a truck? Is there something your not telling us? Has it been removed and it worked before? Just want to be sure we are pointing you in the right direction.

oogene
25-04-2009, 06:10 AM
you need an electrical diagram/schematic

dodgy paul
27-04-2009, 11:02 AM
The picture was just of a unit for sale on ebay not mine!! pouring with rain so will play with the unit later in the week.

SKOOBY
27-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Its not April the First is it or am i missing something here;):cool::D

dodgy paul
29-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Success it was the configs! well the batt problem was anyway! turn it on and after a bit the red light flashes so hold set button down to see what it is and all its showing is p01 I know thats past alarm but why is it flashing red and not running? maybe revac regas and new drier? dont want to throw my money away hense why im pestering you guys!

All the help has been much apprieciated thanks

abbsnowman
29-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Got your gauges on? The past alarm should not cause the unit to not function. Don't think your there quite yet. They do take quite awhile after turning them on before they power compressor clutch. Did you give it some time?
Do you have a manual?

dodgy paul
29-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Got your gauges on? The past alarm should not cause the unit to not function. Don't think your there quite yet. They do take quite awhile after turning them on before they power compressor clutch. Did you give it some time?
Do you have a manual?

Turn unit on shows temp so hit the set button to show p01 then unit starts for a few seconds then gives me a01 so as i've just had it gassed I believe I should head down the route of the following:
get it vacuumed and regassed,Just put a new drier on should I replace again??
Or could be the low pressure switch if that doesnt work.
Maybe gas leak

clivemtk
29-04-2009, 09:04 PM
switch on ignition on incab control press on plus and minus all at same time to clear past fault

abbsnowman
29-04-2009, 09:34 PM
He's right but "active" alarms are cleared when unit starts up. Only active alarms will prevent operation, and will flash red led when unit is operating.
You have some good help here.
Cheers to the helpers!

dodgy paul
29-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Will get it regassed hopefully next week and let you know.
Thanks for all the help lets face it, without it i'd still be stuck!:D

clivemtk
30-04-2009, 09:48 PM
unit wants atleast4-8 hrs on vac out

abbsnowman
01-05-2009, 03:29 AM
Should realy have a micron gauge used for "proper" measurement of a pull down. ;)

cadwaladr
14-05-2009, 02:19 AM
hi abb what is more trouble out there carrier/tk out here in my little pond its carrier lets adress it share more ,teach, cos knowledge is the route lets hope everyone spreads the word and when they[the desighners]ask we know that we are in the trenches and can show the path, if they want there party/club i do not want to be a member of a club that will have me as amember [groucho marx]

abbsnowman
14-05-2009, 03:24 AM
Honestly, I think they both have issues but mostly caused by over engeneering. If your refering to engine driven units that is.
As far as trailers go, I like the TK unless your talking multi-temp or Capacity. Carriers have better multi-temp and pull down but TK's seem a bit more reliable. Of course having said that, Carrier has always kicked TK's butt on Micro's. The Vector is also in a league all its own.
TK's truck units are not what they once were before they came up with the scroll and leaner engine.
Ahhhhh...... I could go on for hours!
Just my 2 cents guys! Love them both. They feed my kids!!!!;)
Oh and by the way, 13 years at CTC for me before I shorted my brain of oyxgen and started my own company.

One last thing, Buddy.... I will help you anytime!