PDA

View Full Version : The Friday Afternoon Phenomonon !

Latte
23-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Is There such a thing :confused:

All week things are steady, couple of hours overtime each day and looking forward to the weekend THEN THE CLOCK TURNS 4pm and all hell breaks loose, Calls coming in all over the place (None ever near where you are) and there we go another good weekend balls'd up being out late.

Is it just me or does it happen everywhere, is it a natural unexplained phenomonon like the bermuda triangle or just a localised problem like spagetti junction :eek:

Regards

Raymond

chemi-cool
23-05-2004, 02:40 PM
hi raymond,

well, its all over the world, just last friday I had exactly that, two ingersol-rand air driers went pop at this time.

its in the book of murphy's law also: any thing that can go wrong, will and at the worst time. ( something like that)

some time ago, I have tried to set the weekend in the middle of the week to investigate the phenomonon -- same results!

so I did something else that helped, I've asked all my clients, to run a check every friday morning and report any unusual thing, that helped me come home more or less on time.

you have to check what is the time difference between locating the problem and reporting it.

good thread.

chemi :confused:

NIKO
24-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Hello,

Same over here in Belgium !!! On top of that most questions after 4.00pm (especially on Friday) are unclear, urgent and incomplete which makes them even more annoying ! But hell, it's our job and somebody has to do it...

Niko

chemi-cool
24-05-2004, 05:22 PM
hi niko,

nice to have you here, I've heard so many good things about you.

chemi :)

Peter_1
25-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Don't make him blush Chemi. He's so shy. :p
Peter