PDA

View Full Version : Frigidaire FRC150 FF - fridge not very cold freezer forming frost!!

TriciaA
12-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I bought this fridge freezer last summer, frost free and for the past 2 days I have noticed that the top part (fridge) isn't very cold however when I opened the freezer door, the 3 drawers have frost on them. The problem is I have misplaced the user manual :eek: and I'm unsure about the settings inside the fridge. At the back is a slider option Max - Normal and Low, it has always been set at Normal. On the top near the fridge light is a dial numbered 0-7, what i need to know is, is the dial for the freezer or fridge, if so do you have any idea what the setting should be. It seems to me the freezer part is really freezing up. leaving the fridge hardly cold at all.
I am unable to contact the company itself because of the easter break.
Hope someone can help out here
Many thanks
Tricia

nike123
12-04-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.frigidaire.com/support/troubleShootingGuides.asp

http://www.frigidaire.com/support/manuals.asp

richardb14
13-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I can almost guarantee you its iced up. defrost it and all will be well again (for another year)

wendy21
04-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I have the same model, with the same problem.

I left the freezer door open, and since then the fridge didn't work but the freezer did. The fix is to empty out all of it, let it defrost for 24 hours. The space that lets air blow up into the fridge section is probably iced up.

The 0-7 knob only controls the freezer temperature. The low-normal-max slider just lets the internal fan blow more or less cold air into the fridge. If the fan is working - check by removing the freezer drawers and listening and checking the vents in the back of the freezer compartment for cold air blowing out - and the freezer is cold, the problem is likely to be an iced up part in the back of the unit. Let it defrost.

You may get a puddle under the unit as the excess water runs out.

The freezer temp, should be around -20C or more and the fridge around +5C

The fridge slider can be set to max if you want rapid cooling, or you open the door a lot.

If this doesn't work you need a service call as the defrost timer may not be working, or the defrost heater may be stuck on.