PDA

View Full Version : Brazing (compliments of Embraco)

Grizzly
09-04-2009, 07:43 AM
I have uploaded a neat little pdf from Embraco.
It taught even an old timer like me something.
Enjoy!
Grizzly

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzyx3l1t4el

desA
09-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks very much for the excellent article.

Does anyone have any links to an equivalent using an LPG-Oxygen torch system? How would it differ from the oxy-acetylene brazing guidelines?

Brian_UK
09-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Grizzly, you'll have Nike chasing you for commission :D

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18029&

Grizzly
09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Oop's Did Nike post this one Brian?
Sorry no repetition intended!
Grizzly

chemi-cool
09-04-2009, 07:45 PM
As we are only old timers here [so far...]

I would like to add something about brazing.

On small compressors, its enough to heat the connecting point from the top and when its hot [copper gets orange colour] just touch with the rod from the bottom and it flows up and seal the connection.

It takes no more then 15 seconds. Use 2% silver content rods, they flow much better then 5% ones.

Brian_UK
09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Grizzly
I think you're losing it Grizzly, your reply to his post was....

"Thanks Nike.
Always good to refresh ones memory!
Grizzly"

Keep taking the tablets before that memory peters out ;):D

Grizzly
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I think you're losing it Grizzly, your reply to his post was....

"Thanks Nike.
Always good to refresh ones memory!
Grizzly"

Keep taking the tablets before that memory peters out ;):D
Thanks Brian.
I think I have been sniffing to much Acetylene instead of burning it.

Incidentally on the smaller stuff I prefer to use my Mapp gas Turbo torch.
Not quite such a "local" heat source but much more gentle once melting point has been reached.

Grizzly

Brian_UK
09-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Yes, I've got a single and a double nozzle one which will cook just about anything if you can stand the noise.

nike123
09-04-2009, 09:32 PM
You may forget where you have parked the car, what you did yesterday and the birthday of your best buddy. How many times you were trying to prepare yourself for an exam and you couldn't learn anything? If you're young, they say you're in love or your mind is wandering; with the age they say you've turned into�crap.

1.Feed your brain. If it lacks or receives in small amounts what's necessary for the neuronal functioning, your memory will not 'function' at its best. Eat many fruits and green leafed vegetables, rich in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. Bilberries, blackberries, fish and fish oil, eggs, spinach and almonds are also

recommended.

2.Do some exercise. It improves circulation, including that of the brain, which boosts brain functioning. Cardiovascular exercises, made over long periods, are of great help in reducing the number of brain cells lost because of aging.

3.Brain games: intellectual stimulating activities and games like chess or Scrabble are ideal as they improve your memory, enjoying and challenging the brain.

4.Read a book: the brain must be continuously challenged. Talk with your friends about what you have read lately.

5.Caffeine is known to boost memory. So, coffee and tea (black or green) are good for your memory.

6.Make connections: people tend to remember things much easier if they are linked to other pleasurable ones. A boring subject can become funny if associated with something that has already been experienced. If you have to memorize a list, create a funny formula starting with the first letter of each word from the list.

7.Sleep time consolidates memories. You can cram all night long, without sleep you won't remember anything.

8.The more you repeat something new, the more likely you will recall that.

9.Music helps you remember past events, retain new information and recover information you thought was lost.

10.Share information with other people. Don't keep information only to yourself: sharing it with the others is an excellent way of training your memory. Turn into your own teacher and don't be afraid of new challenges. You may have graduated, but the new information must be tested from time to time. Use the information you acquire day by day.

:D:D;)

nike123
09-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Grizzly

Repetition is mother of knowledge!:p