PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Emergency Run

Latte
08-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Ive started a new thread, but its something that cropped up in another thread and didnt want to start pulling that one off topic.

I was interested to read in another thread about an Emergency run facility on daikin inverters. Now have i got this correct, If you have an inverter board failure on a daikin you can use this mode to run the compressor at fixed speed albeit at a lower capacity.

1 is this correct or have i got the wrong end of the stick
2 do all Daikin inverters have this, any other makes ?w
3 how to you do it, assume its something on the inverter board

so many questions, im sure i will ask more when i know more so this will help for starters

Thanks

Latte

Brian_UK
08-04-2009, 11:18 PM
If you read the Daikin manual -
SM-SiE30-408 VRV Basic Training Manual you will find the instructions for putting the unit into Emergency Run mode.

AbsoluteWDJ
09-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Ive started a new thread, but its something that cropped up in another thread and didn't want to start pulling that one off topic.

I was interested to read in another thread about an Emergency run facility on daikin inverters. Now have i got this correct, If you have an inverter board failure on a daikin you can use this mode to run the compressor at fixed speed albeit at a lower capacity.

1 is this correct or have i got the wrong end of the stick
2 do all Daikin inverters have this, any other makes ?w
3 how to you do it, assume its something on the inverter board

so many questions, I'm sure i will ask more when i know more so this will help for starters

Thanks

Latte

Hi Latte

I'll answer these to the best of my knowledge

1. Yes this is correct and you haven't got the wrong end of the stick!
2. I can't categorically say yes to this question but I would imagine each VRV with a fixed speed compressor on board would have this function.
3. How to do it would vary depending on the outdoor model number. This would require the help of Daikin technical and I should imagine they would have to dig deep through the service manuals....You end pressing this button once, this button twice, this button forty times, etc, etc....I think you get the picture!

multisync
09-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Toshiba SHRM has two inverter compressors and isolating one is way easier. Because of the two inverters the operation of the system is much better too when on 'emg' mode. In fact their LED display is a much better way of interogating the unit giving instant readings of what's happening. Coupled with their WYSIWYG Dyno-Doctor it's light years ahead of Daikin.

I am beginning to feel Daikins binary button system (and 20 min delay on the checker) is so last century

puddleboy3
15-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Toshiba SHRM has two inverter compressors and isolating one is way easier. Because of the two inverters the operation of the system is much better too when on 'emg' mode. In fact their LED display is a much better way of interogating the unit giving instant readings of what's happening. Coupled with their WYSIWYG Dyno-Doctor it's light years ahead of Daikin.

I am beginning to feel Daikins binary button system (and 20 min delay on the checker) is so last century

MultiSync im with you on this one. We managed to get our hands on the Mitsi M-Net tool and after a little playing about with found its far better than the Daikin Checker. Not seen the Tosh Dyno doctor, lets hope its easier to get hold of than the Mitsi M-Net tool!!!!!!!

brunstar
20-04-2009, 09:56 PM
it is not a 20 min delay it is less than 2 min delay due to the amount imformation that is being transmitted along the communication lines every mili second, if it was loggin true time without a delay you would not be able to read the information being transmitted on your screen to keep up.

puddleboy3
24-04-2009, 07:15 AM
it is not a 20 min delay it is less than 2 min delay due to the amount imformation that is being transmitted along the communication lines every mili second, if it was loggin true time without a delay you would not be able to read the information being transmitted on your screen to keep up.

Outdoor information updates every min and indoor information updates every five min.

cool#9
24-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Outdoor information updates every min and indoor information updates every five min.
Hi
Any idea to read the information updates faster ?
rgds
cool#9

puddleboy3
24-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I dont know if you can change it! Maybe Obi can advise?

multisync
26-04-2009, 03:07 AM

I was told by a Daikin eng that Japan has real time checkers but they won't release them to the rest of the world..

frank
26-04-2009, 05:29 PM
If you want to see 'real time' data on the Daikin Service Checker, hook up the system and 'Record' the system operating. Set the data record interval to what you want and include any sensors.

After you stop recording you can export the data straight into an Excel file and - hey presto - you can see all of the readings, customer data, unit type, Airnet address, indoor unit Qty, etc, remote controller set point, suction temp, eev opening pulses etc.

Have a look HERE (http://www.heronridge.co.uk/daikin_fault_codes.htm) starting at page 150

Obi Wan
26-04-2009, 11:46 PM
All VRV outdoor units with 2 or more compressors have an Emergence mode.
G,H and K series systems disabled the inverter compressor only. But you needed to have all indoor units in thermostat on condition for the Direct-on-line compressor to run.

On the M series VRV (VRVII) single module you also needed to disable the DOL compressors in case of failure. On the 14 and 16 HP units you have 3 compressors
INV – SDT1 – STD2. you can disable INV or STD2 compressors individually. In case STD1 compressor failed and you put it in EMG mode it also disabled STD2 compressor. Its all to do with oil distribution. With the inverter compressor in EMG mode you only needed 50% on the connected index to be in thermostat on condition.

For multi outdoor combinations you had the Emergency backup mode. For some faults you just needed to switch off all indoor units from the remote controllers or from the centralised controller or iTouch and back on again. This automatically disabled the faulty module for 8 hours. It’s a good “Get out of jail card” which the end user can carry out. After the 8 hours the fault returned. This catches most services guys out. They just walk up to a system in fault and reset it by switching off and on again. Of course this puts the system into the back up mode. What they should do is to power down the outdoor units then switch on the indoor units.
Also for multi combinations you can not put individual compressors into EMG mode. You have to disable the entire module, again its to do with the oil distribution.

Obiwan

cool#9
27-04-2009, 06:57 PM
All VRV outdoor units with 2 or more compressors have an Emergence mode.
G,H and K series systems disabled the inverter compressor only. But you needed to have all indoor units in thermostat on condition for the Direct-on-line compressor to run.

On the M series VRV (VRVII) single module you also needed to disable the DOL compressors in case of failure. On the 14 and 16 HP units you have 3 compressors
INV – SDT1 – STD2. you can disable INV or STD2 compressors individually. In case STD1 compressor failed and you put it in EMG mode it also disabled STD2 compressor. Its all to do with oil distribution. With the inverter compressor in EMG mode you only needed 50% on the connected index to be in thermostat on condition.

For multi outdoor combinations you had the Emergency backup mode. For some faults you just needed to switch off all indoor units from the remote controllers or from the centralised controller or iTouch and back on again. This automatically disabled the faulty module for 8 hours. It’s a good “Get out of jail card” which the end user can carry out. After the 8 hours the fault returned. This catches most services guys out. They just walk up to a system in fault and reset it by switching off and on again. Of course this puts the system into the back up mode. What they should do is to power down the outdoor units then switch on the indoor units.
Also for multi combinations you can not put individual compressors into EMG mode. You have to disable the entire module, again its to do with the oil distribution.

Obiwan
HI
And what about a quicker monitoring data ?
rgds
cool#9