PDA

View Full Version : Moisture in system

Debonair Spain
08-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi guys i have been called to look at a Daikin 3MXS52E with three interior units off it. It has been installed for approx 10 months. An E6 error code has come up and i recently had the Daikin technician visit the property.

He has put in down to moisture in the system and it is not a warranty issue.

I would appreciate some info on the procedure of getting the moisture out of the system please.

Grizzly
08-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi guys i have been called to look at a Daikin 3MXS52E with three interior units off it. It has been installed for approx 10 months. An E6 error code has come up and i recently had the Daikin technician visit the property.

He has put in down to moisture in the system and it is not a warranty issue.

I would appreciate some info on the procedure of getting the moisture out of the system please.
Erm! How long have you been an a/c engineer?
Try a triple evacuation or deep vacuum search within the forum or google it!

E6 Is listed in the details I have, as Outdoor Compressor lock / startup error
or lock / over-current.
Sounds to me as if there is an issue with the compressor!
Grizzly

NoNickName
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Daikin probably means "there was moisture in the system and now the compressor is f....d up". If this is the case, triple evacuation is no use and would not help restarting the compressor.

multisync
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Reclaim
Vaccum x 3 with nitrogen triple vac etc
Large 2 way HP drier in expansion line
run for a day, change
run for a week, change
run for a month -change or remove

How did he diagnose moisture anyway??

Debonair Spain
08-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Reclaim
Vaccum x 3 with nitrogen triple vac etc
Large 2 way HP drier in expansion line
run for a day, change
run for a week, change
run for a month -change or remove

How did he diagnose moisture anyway??

To be honest Multisync i have not had the chance to ask him as i have only just received the info from Daikin and now they are on holiday until Tuesday.

But many thanks

nike123
08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
To be honest Multisync i have not had the chance to ask him as i have only just received the info from Daikin and now they are on holiday until Tuesday.

But many thanks

I would not do any recovery or drying of system before samples of oil and refrigerant are collected in manner that they are suitable for evidence and later analyze.
If he did not measured moisture content and sampled oil, how he could tell that is not warranty covered?
Also, moisture could be product of oil decomposition because high oil temperature and that could be because of some other fault in system, in which case that does not exclude warranty.

Debonair Spain
08-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I would not do any recovery or drying of system before samples of oil and refrigerant are collected in manner that they are suitable for evidence and later analyze.
If he did not measured moisture content and sampled oil, how he could tell that is not warranty covered?

Thanks Nike123 this is food for thought.

nike123
08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Another taught!
If system is commissioned by authorized installer, then moisture in system cannot be reason for avoiding warranty repair since user is not responsible for faulty instalation.