PDA

View Full Version : A/C on train compartments

IceMan08
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering whether any of you had experience with A/C on trains in the uk? basically we have been asked to tender for the removal of the existing system for it to be sent off and refurbed and re-install on its return, I have never worked on trains so I am looking for an approximate time involved in removing one of the said systems, also an approximate quantity of refrig in each system. Thanks for your help in advance!

NoNickName
08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
AC systems on trains in Belgium and Sweden are installed on skids placed in the double roof of train carriages.
In order to be able to remove them, you would need a 4 to 5 meters high adjustable deck and a crane of appropriate load capability.

NoNickName
08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Here an example

Brian_UK
08-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Not saying that this is what you will be getting but might show you something similar, downloadable brochure have some tech details in them.

http://www.sigmacoachair.com/rail/downloads/Passenger_Rail/Passenger_downloads.html

abbsnowman
09-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Never been involved in this but I find it very interesting! Thank you and please go on.
Whats R407? Is it close to R404A or R134A?

Quality
09-04-2009, 07:43 AM
I Have done lot of work in the past on train vehicles do you know the model / type of vehicle you have to tender for ? and I will probably be able to shed some light on it for you

LRAC
09-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering whether any of you had experience with A/C on trains in the uk? basically we have been asked to tender for the removal of the existing system for it to be sent off and refurbed and re-install on its return, I have never worked on trains so I am looking for an approximate time involved in removing one of the said systems, also an approximate quantity of refrig in each system. Thanks for your help in advance!

You must check on the tender what systems you would be working on some might be air cycle systems with bootstrap turbo's ?