PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RXYQ16M9W1B

AbsoluteWDJ
06-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi to all.....

We are awaiting an inverter PCB and inverter compressor on a Daikin RXYQ16M9W1B.....So a few months ago I put this into emergency mode until the powers that be decide whether it's under warranty! Don't ask! Anyway I went to site today because of a fault indication which was E4 - Actuation of low pressure sensor. Now bear in mind this is still in emergency mode.....I switched each 4 way blow cassette (theres eleven in total) in test mode cooling. I then went to the outdoor unit and monitored the cycle with my L/P gauge attached. The system seemed to operate fine for about 15 - 20 minutes whilst on this cycle I checked the DC voltage off the low pressure sensor which = 2.5v DC, I compared that with the sensors graph which = 1.1 Mpa. This matched the pressure on the L/P gauge attached. This is where the problem occured....The hot gas SV energized for about 10 secs to then be taken over by receiver gas purge SV, all the while these valves energized the L/P dropped 0.2 Mpa and the system shutdown. Daikin believe it's because it's in emergency and there is no inverter compressor operating. Has anyone else have any experience with this?

2007eng
07-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Do u check the low pressure line after the system stops due to E4 or while operating 15-20 minutes?

Latte
07-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Emergency Mode ? Please tell me more

Latte

laf100
07-04-2009, 11:51 PM
IMHO emergency mode would not cause the scenario you are reporting here, however a few months is a long time to be in EM!! As boring and obvious as it sounds, if one of my collegues phoned me with this problem I would insist on a full reclaim to check the charge weight.

Although its a fair amount of work, you will have to pull out part of the charge to do the inv' compressor swap, I would always take this opportunity to check the charge anyway.

To the poster Latte- emergency mode alows the system to continue operating when the inverter compressor or inverter drive has failed, but there has to be 50% load on the system before the fixed speed compressor will run.
:cool:

AbsoluteWDJ
08-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Do u check the low pressure line after the system stops due to E4 or while operating 15-20 minutes?

I monitored the low pressure through out the 15 - 20 minutes. That is when it was at one point 1.1Mpa and when it dropped to 0.2Mpa when the SV's energized. I personally didn't see it fault on E4. I'm going on last fault code and what the customer told me. I believe it will fault on E4 if it cycles on - off on low pressure three times within 1/2 hour.

AbsoluteWDJ
08-04-2009, 07:59 AM
IMHO emergency mode would not cause the scenario you are reporting here, however a few months is a long time to be in EM!! As boring and obvious as it sounds, if one of my collegues phoned me with this problem I would insist on a full reclaim to check the charge weight.

Although its a fair amount of work, you will have to pull out part of the charge to do the inv' compressor swap, I would always take this opportunity to check the charge anyway.

To the poster Latte- emergency mode alows the system to continue operating when the inverter compressor or inverter drive has failed, but there has to be 50% load on the system before the fixed speed compressor will run.

I agree with you laf100...When I called my technical friend at Daikin he was amazed it is still in EMG mode! The political side of the INV board and compressor warranty has yet to be sorted! That side is out of my hands and both parties need there heads banging together if you ask me....The customer isn't best pleased and to be quite frank I don't blame them! Anyway.....You don't believe this should happen in EMG mode.

laf100
08-04-2009, 09:28 PM
It is possible to interrogate the outdoor unit, and see what fault code will be generated if conditions continue- i.e. if it has tripped on LP 2 out of three times, E4 has not yet been thrown up, but will be. However, it is quite a lot of "faffing" to pull this info' off of the outdoor PCB & is not for the feint hearted.

You should probably concentrate on getting you warranty parts ASAP before the fixed speed compressor fails through lack of oil!! Why are they queerying the claim, have you had multiple failures on this site?

AbsoluteWDJ
09-04-2009, 03:01 PM
It is possible to interrogate the outdoor unit, and see what fault code will be generated if conditions continue- i.e. if it has tripped on LP 2 out of three times, E4 has not yet been thrown up, but will be. However, it is quite a lot of "faffing" to pull this info' off of the outdoor PCB & is not for the feint hearted.

You should probably concentrate on getting you warranty parts ASAP before the fixed speed compressor fails through lack of oil!! Why are they queerying the claim, have you had multiple failures on this site?

It's a long story.......to make it short....I serviced the site some time back and notice the inverter compressor just stopping after 30 minutes for no apparent reason. I requested Daikin technical with service checker....After 4 Daikin engineers come to site there was still no logical reason! It would just show up as thermastat off on service checker, as if someone had switched them all off at once. We changed the inverter board which seemed to have worked and then two weeks later the compressor went down to earth taking the board as well! There has been other warranty works carried out by the previous engineers and so Daikin are digging their heels and so is our Director!!! Sticky situation!!!

laf100
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Oooh.....Nasty!! Thanks for the insight, hope you get some decent service out of them soon!