PDA

View Full Version : Alarm 71 ad 77 on TK MD-II

incar
06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Hello, i have a MD-II, year 1999 with alarm 71 and 77. can you help me?? Thank you so much

SteinarN
06-04-2009, 06:54 PM
A71 is a maintenance alarm. It doesn't monitor any component or function, it's just the hourmeter exceeding the maintenance limit since it's last reset.

A77 is an internal fault code for the microprosessor. It may be reset by performing a cold start and set up the configuration parameters like sensor grading and other things.

incar
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm italian, sorry for my english. how is it possible reset the hourmeter?? what is a cold start?? do you have some instruction or operating's manual??

DTKServices
07-04-2009, 12:58 AM
what is a cold start?? do you have some instruction or operating's manual??

If you don't know what a "Cold start" is you'd probably be better off seeking help from a professional TK guy. Because even after you go through a cold start procedure this may not fix the problem.

Code 77 is an EPROM check alarm. This could indicate a bad chip or a bad processor, either way your unit will run and cool normally until it starts tripping other "ghost alarms."

I had a customer run his unit with a 77 (Because a cold start would not clear the alarm for more than 5 Min's at a time.) For almost 1 year before we has to address the processor. Due to the expense involved I'd suggest you do the same unless you have money you need to burn.

As far as your hour meter is concerned it is one of the maintenance hour meters, and if it has tripped then It's time for service.. After your PM service your tech should reset your hour meter for you.

incar
07-04-2009, 06:53 AM
thank you so much. last question: do you have a installer's guide??

abbsnowman
08-04-2009, 05:04 AM
If you can tell me the exact model number complete, I may be able to help you with a manual.