PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi or MHI?

back2space
06-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi Guys

As a lot of you know the probs I had with my LG system, well the installers agreed after I had a few other engineers out that there is a fault with the system. The PCB board has been replaced on the outdoor unit and this has not rectified the problem. We know that it must be a software control problem. Not programmed correctly but LG not willing to accept the problem so I have requested the installer take the LG out and put me something in that works. Have got option of Mitsubishi or MHI? I need 2 indoor convertibles to fit on the floor both 3.5kw each. Going to use existing pipe work for new system. Which is best to go for MHI or Mitsubishi?

NBC 01
06-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Definately Mitsubishi but now pick if you wish to have Mitsubishi Heavy or Mitsubishi Electric.......

AbsoluteWDJ
06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't believe your get a problem with either of these....On a personal note I haven't worked or installed MHI multi splits but I've installed and worked on quite a few MHI split systems and never had any complaints or major issues. Mitsubishi electric would be my prefered option. If I was you I would go on which design you like or cost you can afford.

back2space
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Definately Mitsubishi but now pick if you wish to have Mitsubishi Heavy or Mitsubishi Electric.......

This is what im asking, MHI (mitsubishi heavy) or Mitsubishi Electric

back2space
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
If I was you I would go on which design you like or cost you can afford.

Im told MHI is cheaper but lower efficiencies

AbsoluteWDJ
06-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi Guys

As a lot of you know the probs I had with my LG system, well the installers agreed after I had a few other engineers out that there is a fault with the system. The PCB board has been replaced on the outdoor unit and this has not rectified the problem. We know that it must be a software control problem. Not programmed correctly but LG not willing to accept the problem so I have requested the installer take the LG out and put me something in that works. Have got option of Mitsubishi or MHI? I need 2 indoor convertibles to fit on the floor both 3.5kw each. Going to use existing pipe work for new system. Which is best to go for MHI or Mitsubishi?

Go for Mitsubishi electric M series multi: MXZ-4A71VA

With two MFZ-KA35VA

These indoor units are well designed and easy to install. If you wanted to pay a little extra you could buy two PAR21 hard wired controls with adaptors and have 24/7 timers etc etc...

http://www.mitsubishi-aircon.co.uk/default.asp?url=http%3A//www.mitsubishi-aircon.co.uk/mitsubishi_electric.asp

AbsoluteWDJ
06-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Im told MHI is cheaper but lower efficiencies

It'll probably be cheaper buying splits systems!

back2space
06-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Excellent will look into this.

Was looking at the MXZ-4A80VA as this leaves me a little extra capacity should I wish to add a unit in the future. Which is how I have my LG at present.

sinewave
06-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Outa the two I'd go with Mitsi Electric any day.

beagle
06-04-2009, 06:48 PM
MHI have come on in leaps and bounds over the last couple of years, what was always somewhat lacking was support. With FM/AMP and 3D/HRP the support is top notch. The huge gulf that was there in the past doesn't exist anymore. The same can be said for the kit itself, best out there right now for 'bang per buck' in my opinion.

back2space
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
MHI have come on in leaps and bounds over the last couple of years, what was always somewhat lacking was support. With FM/AMP and 3D/HRP the support is top notch. The huge gulf that was there in the past doesn't exist anymore. The same can be said for the kit itself, best out there right now for 'bang per buck' in my opinion.

Think its gonna be mitsi as MHI doesnt have a floor console unit until next year.

Debonair Spain
06-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Think its gonna be mitsi as MHI doesnt have a floor console unit until next year.

Hi Back2space, have you had a price for a Daikin floor model. I have just fitted two here in Spain and they are excellent.

Mitsi Electric would be my choice if Daikin not possible.

Brian_UK
06-04-2009, 11:25 PM
As a Trainee you must learn to read the question and understand it before answering. ;)