PDA

View Full Version : Airdale wiring diagram needed

glenn1340
04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I`ve got a problem with an Airdale unit (compressor won`t switch off when room reaches temperature). The control panel in a plant room has been messed with over the years so I`m not sure what exactly`s happening with the outdoor unit at various states ie defrost, heating or cooling. Therefore I`m after a detailed wiring diagram for the unit so I can follow the circuit. Airdale`s downloadable (is that a real word?) one is only a connection diagram.
The unit in question is:
CUHS2.5HIEM/01 230v

Hope you can help guys:D

Grizzly
04-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi Glenn.
I don't know the particular unit you are asking about.
But a lot of the Airedale units we look after have a toggle switch within the indoor unit.
With this you can override the controller and operate it in manual mode.
These particular units allow you to switch them off.
(Solenoid valve on the liquid line de-energises and the condensing unit pumps down.)
On this basis of control, you could always test the liquid line solenoid valve supply.
When the system is at temp satisfied the solenoid valve coil should switch off?
And the system pump down?
If this an applicable type of control?
Try it out?
Grizzly

glenn1340
05-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks grizzly, I`ll have a look at that.

sedgy
06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks grizzly, I`ll have a look at that.
hi glen, you should find a number folowing a U
airedale will send you a wiring diagram if you give them a U number this same number is on the con,d units and the ahu, happy hunting
sedgy

glenn1340
12-04-2009, 10:14 PM
A follow on with this problem, the room thermostat is the cheapest one I`ve ever seen and it seems all over the place so I`m intending to replace it with a reliable one so I`ll be sure that the pump`s being controlled properly.
I`m looking for a two stage one, I can`t seem to find on anywhere. Can anyone recommend a good one available in the uk?

Cheers guys