PDA

View Full Version : Bosch KGV3120GB/02 not cooling

JopeJasa
04-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Gents,

I own a Bosch KGV3120GB/02 Fridge Freezer and the fridge part appears to have stopped cooling unless I cycle the on / Off switch on the front of the unit. Also the top tray of the freezer is defrosting, does anyone have any ideas what the fault is, as I have been told the fix is to replace the coolant. Is that good information.

Anybody out there got any info.

Cheers

amitsaxena
05-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Dear , What i got from your above details, I can recommend you to change the gas if all the components are working OK.

Thanks
Amit

R600A
06-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Hi

Is the compressor still running when the fridge isnt cooling ?

By stating it works when you restart it and then goes down to temprature the refrigerant will be ok as will the compressor.

Bosch models do have a low ambient temprature sensor that fails on the PCB.by switching it on/off will reset the PCB and restart it.There is a mod kit for it from bosch.

Bryan

344martin
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
WAITTTT!! Do not change the gas. some of these models had a mod to the drain off the evaporator in the freezer. Cold air is circulated from the freezer into the fridge as and when required. Quick fix/ diagnosis is to turn off for at least 48 hours with freezer door ajar to allow evaporator to fully defrost. this may well temporarily cure symptoms (basically the freezer coils get clogged with ice and the cooled air cannot circulate