PDA

View Full Version : Tk sbiii sr

sneaquie
04-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Anyone know why the power stays on the display after the switch is shut off? After a few days it kills my battery.:cool:

DTKServices
04-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Anyone know why the power stays on the display after the switch is shut off? After a few days it kills my battery.:cool:

Because your unit is set up to "data log." This could be changed by either a jumper placement or possibly a fuse placement on your unit. If you not familiar with the jumper pin on the relay board it's better to let someone else change the set up. It should take >.5 to complete the job.

abbsnowman
04-04-2009, 06:01 AM
I can tell you this, there is no way that the display is causing your battery to discharge! You have other issues. Is the "backlight" lit or is it just the box temp etc.? I think we need to get a bit deeper here.

sneaquie
04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
No, the display light does not stay on, just the set temp, box temp etc.

abbsnowman
05-04-2009, 01:30 AM
This is perfectly normal for some model years. If your battery is going dead it's something else. Possibly a bad diode in alternator or maybe the battery is just junk. Take an amp draw on the battery cable while unit is off and let us know what you find.

george106
05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
It is the f12 fuse on the relay board.
To disable the screen when the unit is turned off place the fuse to the center and the lower of the 3 fuse clips.
But i agree with the abbsnowman, i don`t think that this is the reason that kill your battery.

utc/tk foreman
07-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I would def look into the alt. seen this many times - as for the display, as already stated this is simply the datalogger keeping the display up, and definately will not kill the batt.