PDA

View Full Version : Air Energy Heat Pump for swimming pool

Debonair Spain
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi all i have been asked by a friend to look at his heat pump ( An Air Energy 550Ti1 ) for his pool, it seems that when he sets the temperature to 32 degrees c, the monitor says 32 but the water temperature is actually 25 degrees c.

The system runs on R407C and the pressures are

70psi suction i presume and 300 discharge.

The water sensor seems fine.

Can anyone shed some light on why the water temperature is not reading what it says on the controlls.

chemi-cool
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Can you calibrate the temperature controller -7°C?

Your head pressure is too high, check it.

Debonair Spain
02-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Can you calibrate the temperature controller -7°C?

Your head pressure is too high, check it.

Hi Chemi-cool thanks for the quick reply.

Can you give me a step by step proceedure on how to calibrate the temperature controller as i have no experience in pool heat pumps.

Thanks

aircon50
15-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Debonair. I'm reasonably sure that the discharge pressure and apparent error with temperatures are linked. Most of these heat pumps have the sensor within the heat exchanger inlet, but frequently after the first condenser coil. If the water flow is too slow, the water will have started absorbing heat and this will show on the controller. At the same time, and this is relatively important, the slow water flow ahs the same result as partly covering the coil on a condenser set! Result - high discharge pressure and temperature.
Make sure both valves in the water system are fully open, and that the by-pass is either closed (diverting all flow through the HP), or open no more than a third. Suction pressure is about right for R407, but increasing water flow should reduce discharge to around the expected 250/275 (19/20Bar).
Have had experience of this kind of problem before - I have found 'tinkeritis' the biggest culprit!! Best of luck.