PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss AKC 550

Horse
02-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi

I am testing the above controller before i fit it to a refrigeration cabinet, just for function. the liquid valve is not shuting down when forcing the controller into defrost. Does anybody know if a certain parameter needs to be changed or does it need to be put onto a network or something before it works properly. I have tried two controllers and both doing the same.

tony--1
03-04-2009, 02:51 AM
probly the defrost probe temp too high

Horse
03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks tony for your reply, but i have tried freezing the probes down with freeze spray and the valve is not closing down when the set point is artificially reached either. Could be knackerded controller i suppose but havent got any spare to test.

CONROD
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Does the controller have a pump down time parameter? Which may cause the LLSV to stay on for a while?

fowlie
03-04-2009, 10:41 PM
hi conrad
the setting for pump down before a defrost is d16,what liquid valve are you using an akv/tev.if its a tev are you using the comp relay.

Grizzly
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Horse.
I have placed the manual on-line with the relevant link to it , posted below.
Check out your control parameters
especially the pump down (as the guys have already mentioned) and delay timers as listed.

Have you metered the supply in and out on the relevant switched terminals.
To prove that your controller is switching and the fault is not a more basic one?
Anyway follow the electrical schematic and all will be revealed!
Good Luck Grizzly

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdw2wiec1me

CRANK
04-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Have you set the real time lock function i think the parametres are t o 1 -t o 47 it may be that because you are not hooked up to a ak controller , causing it to be in failsafe mode. Just program the time ,date and then program your defrosts it allows for 6 defrosts.

Horse
04-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys again for your input. The cabinet runs on akv controll. I have tried the getting a good start as instructed in the manual and metered the terminals to prove the valve stays open. I have not tried the real time clock and will try all of the above.

cheers

750 Valve
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
and metered the terminals to prove the valve stays open

Its a solid state relay switching the AKV output. You will be waiting a while to see it open circuit - it needs a load to do that.

Horse
06-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I have tried it with load as well 750 valve, i knocked up some 3 core with a 10w solenoid valve and still no joy. I have had that problem before with solid state relays.

coolhibby1875
06-04-2009, 10:22 PM
hi horse reading between the lines here you have done a load of stuff here without actually hooking the controller up to a fridge why not stick it on the cabinet log it on the network and maybee with a bit of luck the thing will upload all its parameters and bobs your uncle,
i have never read a post where someone has done as much to a controler without even sticking the thing on a cabinet!

750 Valve
07-04-2009, 01:41 AM
I agree, throw it in and fire it up.

Horse
08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
You are right guys, i logged it on and the thing works great. I was testing the functionality before fitting it coz not much experience with danfoss. I have done previous function testing with RDM and no problem. I thought i was doing something wrong.Thanks for all your comments though