PDA

View Full Version : Teco spares in australia

paul_h
02-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Anyone know if there's a wholesaler that supplies teco spare parts?
Teco themselves aren't being very helpful.
Cheers.

Temprite
03-04-2009, 01:27 PM
G'day Paul.

Teco themselves aren't being very helpful.
Cheers.
Thats the one;)

As far as I know you have to buy off them direct. Dont ever try and return a part to them though. Once you have purchased there are absolutely no returns.

paul_h
03-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, they want $85 for a vane motor and $25 for postage + GST!
That's robbery for a ****ty brand that builders only buy because they are so cheap, and something that would fit in an envelope!

That's up there with mitsubishi that keep sending me the wrong PCB (MSH-XXX instead of cooling only MS_XXX).
Mits also just charged me $150 courier costs to ship a compressor over here. I did a compressor change for the total income being $71 today because they never told me they charge that much for shipping compressors. Let alone the four hours+ I've wasted on that other mits PCB job.

I never knew how good fuji and pana are. I did warranty work for them as an employee, so I repair them now while self employed too. Parts for them are so cheap and easy to get. Compressor for a fuji = ~$500, shipping = $40-60. Mits is $700, shipping $150, and they always stuff the order up.

Oh well, I was hoping for an alternate supplier like some of the cheap brands have, or brands like MHI or hitachi that sell through agents. I guess I'll have to charge $160+ just to change a louver motor on a $700 split system.

Temprite
04-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Some times louvre motors are common between brands might be worth checking.