PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Windings Resistance

Woodland
01-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Help needed please. Could anyone tell me what the resistance of the start and run windings should be on a Turk Elektrik MTH 115MT compressor please. Got this one cutting out after a few seconds on start up and would like to know what part to condemn, incidentally this one has a capacitor and PTC resistor for the start up circuit. Many thanks in advance.

chemi-cool
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Look in here, hope it will help you.
Use Embraco next time......

http://www.tee.com.tr/p_copm_r600_pd.php

Woodland
01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the link Chemi-Cool but can't find any actual resistance values for the start and run windings on there, just voltage and overall wattage. The one I have here is measuring 14 ohms on both the start and the run windings, any one know if this is normal? I thought it should be slightly higher and not the same one both windings.

Toosh
02-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the link Chemi-Cool but can't find any actual resistance values for the start and run windings on there, just voltage and overall wattage. The one I have here is measuring 14 ohms on both the start and the run windings, any one know if this is normal? I thought it should be slightly higher and not the same one both windings.

Hi wood, have a look at this

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=refrigeration+single+phase+windings+chart&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Norm

Woodland
02-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Brilliant! Many Thanks for your efforts Toosh, amazing what you get searching the Internet when you know what to put in search criteria. :o I will let you all know what the fault was when I find it! :)

nike123
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
The one I have here is measuring 14 ohms on both the start and the run windings, any one know if this is normal? I thought it should be slightly higher and not the same one both windings.

It could be the same.

GHAZ
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi woodland you can get the same readings on some windings because they use same amount of wire on both the run and start

grahamgfm
26-04-2009, 07:30 PM
It is highly unlikely that the start and run windings would have the same resistance. The start winding would usually be the lower resistance so as to draw a higher current to facilitate the torque required to start the rotor going in the required direction. in conjuntion with a capacitor. The run winding would then keep the rotor turning at a lower run current.