PDA

View Full Version : Blue Point/ Prime Air conditioners

frostedflake
31-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Hello everyone!

Has anyone ever heard about these two AC brands?

Blue Point

Prime

they sell minisplit units (R22) and the specs labels at both condenser and evap units have most of the info except the refrigerant charge amount.

I went to the authorized sales point and they did not know where could i get that piece of information, so they referred me to their service technician and he was clueless of what i was asking about...

i tried a google search, however i found zero official prime or blue point air conditioning sites.

the model specific i'm interested in is a 12k btu PRIME minisplit model CMPRN122T that i need to charge by weight.

thanks

Toosh
31-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone!

Has anyone ever heard about these two AC brands?

Blue Point

Prime

they sell minisplit units (R22) and the specs labels at both condenser and evap units have most of the info except the refrigerant charge amount.

I went to the authorized sales point and they did not know where could i get that piece of information, so they referred me to their service technician and he was clueless of what i was asking about...

i tried a google search, however i found zero official prime or blue point air conditioning sites.

the model specific i'm interested in is a 12k btu PRIME minisplit model CMPRN122T that i need to charge by weight.

thanks

Hi Frosted,This might be a starting point it says they are global

http://www.aeconline.ae/13/company/22/20/11/company_13.html

Good Luck Norm :D

frostedflake
01-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the link, unfortunately that PRIME company does not manufactures air conditioners, just ducts, filters, tapes and such.
I emailed them anyway lets crossfingers =P...

i'd better keep looking

nike123
01-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the link, unfortunately that PRIME company does not manufactures air conditioners, just ducts, filters, tapes and such.
I emailed them anyway lets crossfingers =P...

i'd better keep looking
Probably one of Chinese with "name by order" AC-s.
Charge it by generic superheat table. What is refrigerant?

frostedflake
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
thanks Nike123, then i should use the table you kindly posted for standard and high efficiency refrigerant pressures/temps.

the refrigerant is R22 (still)

wonder why they keep selling units with this refrigerant??

chinese probably yes but what was fun was the local sales representant trying to understand what i was talking about when i asked factory refrigerant charge...

best regards