PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Franky
12-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Ok i am new here, and this is my first post :) so take it easy on me :p

I am applying for a local toronto college into REFRIGERATION engineering program. What i'd like to know is what is the difference between a program "heating/refrigeration" and "refrigeration" Which one has more good potential in the end?

Also, the local program at my college, offers a transfer program to UNIVERSITY OF FERRIS Michigan for doing my BA in refrigeration engineering also. What kinda return can i expect in future with a university degree in this field as compared to a college education? Salary wise?

Latte
12-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi Frankie,
Heating/refrigeration could possibly mean more air conditioning as most a/c units work as heating and cooling.

Refrigeration i would therefore assume is more commerial/industral use.

As to potential, there is in both fields. what you need to do is find out more about the courses and see which one appeals to you more. Salary wise, well the industail boys working with ammonia are probably the best paid but then the work is not to everyones liking. At the end of the day don't just go on pay, you are looking to train for a career for possibly the rest of your'e life, look into it, do all your'e homework and decide which one is best for you.

Regards

Raymond

chemi-cool
13-05-2004, 02:59 PM
hi franky,

with a BA in refrigeration engineering you can wipe your behind or frame it and hang it on the wall.

whats important, is that you want to do it, that you understand why and how it works, be able to locate problems and come up with the best solution.

looking into the future, all I can suggest you as I do to my kids: what ever you do, try to be the best in the world.

of course you wont, but will always have a target to reach!

and among all, you got to love what you do ( many times it comes before the family)

or you can be a bus coductor.

very good luck, I thought you got to see, well, most of the picture.

chemi :)