PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Wired Controller

back2space
30-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Hi All

Having problems at our work with staff members messing about with the air conditioning, i.e turning it off, altering temperatures and operation modes.

Work were going to remove the controller and relocate it but I am able to access the hidden menus. SO i have changed it so that the operation mode cannot be altered from cooling, temperature can only be alterd within a certain range, between 22-24C and fan speed can be changed.

However we are now having the problem that people are turning the panel off completly. The other day the main chiller system failed and we use this unit to boost cooling in our office also as backup incase the main system fails. Turned out that the panel was turned off completly and no one knew to turn it on till I came in.

In the hidden menu along with the options to allow the user to alter modes, fan speed & temp is an option to be able to turn it on & off - (we want it left on) however to get into the hidden menu the system needs to be turned off as you cant access the controller settings with the unit being turned on - can only access system statistics menue (comp htz, run time etc).

So if we set it so that power on/off is invalid, with the system being turned off to get to this menu theres no way to then turn the system on as we just get invalid.

What we want is to be able to turn it on and it be left on so that if users press the power button they get "invalid"

Suffolk Fridge
30-03-2009, 05:29 PM
what model of controller is it? I think its just a case of pressing and holding filter and the temp up button to lock all buttons on a par27.

Brian_UK
30-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Is it possible to also set the system to auto-restart on power on?

back2space
30-03-2009, 08:57 PM
what model of controller is it? I think its just a case of pressing and holding filter and the temp up button to lock all buttons on a par27.

Hi there

The model is RC-E3 controller can be seen here

http://mitsubishiaircon.co.uk/php/controls/RC-E3.php

The system does auto restart brian but if power is disconected we cannot access the menus. We need to have the power off at the control panel to get into the menus. However once its been set so user cannot turn on or off the system we are unable to turn it back on.

R1976
30-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Crime and punishment.

If staff mess with controller then punish them by locking them in the stationary cupboard or give them 10 lashes with a piece of remote controller cable.

:p

Brian_UK
30-03-2009, 11:22 PM
If all else fails put a lockable cover over them.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/lockable-thermostat-guard-large-p-343.html

frank
31-03-2009, 08:00 PM
If all else fails put a lockable cover over them.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/lockable-thermostat-guard-large-p-343.html
I was going to delete this post and issue an infraction for double posting

Very similar to the reply in the Toshiba thread - lol :D:D:confused::p

Brian_UK
31-03-2009, 11:16 PM
^ I know, had to search for my own information, sorry Frank :)

As it happens, there was a lot of moaning after the covers were fitted but things have gone quieter now. Might be different when the summer comes....