PDA

View Full Version : Antique Freezer want to turn into a Kegerator

si1verback
28-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Hello all, After probing through the interwebs in search of some article that tells me how to convert an old freezer I happened upon this website. This looks to be the place where the best minds have come together for just the thing im looking for. I just want to say hi to everyone, this is my first post and am a total newb when it comes to refrigeration although I have worked in hvac before. I have no idea if this post is in the right place. (be gentle)

So without further ado....

I bought an old freezer, an Admiral, it looks to be sometime around the 50's. It seems to cool through the shelves. Meaning the shelves are wire racks that coolant flows through. At least thats what it appears to me. I know this will cost more than its worth but I like the nostalgic look of the old freezer and would like to gut this system and install a new one, but I have no idea what I should get and am looking to the experts for a point in the right direction.

I don't need help with the setting the kegerator part up just with the cooling system.

I'll post pictures later, but can pretty much tell you this is going to be the most badass kegerator you've ever seen.....(if youre an Arkansas and SEC fan)

Thanks in advance

Jesse

si1verback
29-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Anybody? Is this even posted in the right place?

si1verback
02-04-2009, 04:29 AM
could a moderator move this thread to the right place, cause im obviously not getting any responses.

jelectric
04-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Sounds interesting, it would cost alot more than a kegerator, you would need new condensing unit, evaporator, and all the other pieces. i'm not a refrigeration guy so i can't say exactly what needed but if i was doing it I would buy a cheap refrigerator and tear it apart carefully and do some creative reinstallation.

Good luck :D

richardb14
13-04-2009, 08:47 PM
any pictures?