PDA

View Full Version : cannot get rdm online

paddymurray
28-03-2009, 07:21 PM
well i was wondering if someone wud no why i cannot get a frezer online i have checked all my cables and can definatly rule that out as a fault my controler is set up correctly and my moudaler as well. it is coming up on the screen as being offline it just will not pick it up but it is pickin up the rest of the refrigeration plant in the shop i wud be very thankfull if someone could answer my question

Colin G
28-03-2009, 10:17 PM
well i was wondering if someone wud no why i cannot get a frezer online i have checked all my cables and can definatly rule that out as a fault my controler is set up correctly and my moudaler as well. it is coming up on the screen as being offline it just will not pick it up but it is pickin up the rest of the refrigeration plant in the shop i wud be very thankfull if someone could answer my question

is it connecting through a mercury ip addressable hub or a standard hub?

paddymurray
28-03-2009, 10:37 PM
through a standard hub wud that be a problem

Colin G
28-03-2009, 10:57 PM
through a standard hub wud that be a problem

not so long as your connecting via a ip module? which i think you mentioned above, if so check its the right version ip module and that the address is unique and not conflicting with something else

al
28-03-2009, 11:23 PM
paddy

i'd try the address first, is this a replacement controller or new?

al

paddymurray
29-03-2009, 01:38 PM
its a new controller and my adress is definatly different than the rest and the hub i have used is the same that we always use and we have installed over a hundred of these systems

tony--1
29-03-2009, 02:00 PM
it cud be the front end . is it a new 1 ?

hav you put too meny systems on it ?

it only take s so meny

paddymurray
29-03-2009, 04:01 PM
the data manager itself is 3 years old but its pickin it up as being offline does this mean it rekonising it

al
29-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Paddy

If it picks it up at all it must be recognising that the controller is there, have you tried swapping another good one to this point in case the new controller is also faulty?

al

paddymurray
29-03-2009, 04:49 PM
yeah i have does not make a difference i dunno its a real mess

al
29-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Ach they're a bo&&ix when they don't come on line, did ye delete the address and add this one?

Have you access to the website? might be worth ringing RDM, they did promise us tech support:D
al

Colin G
29-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Just a stab in the dark it may be a stupid question but is it the same model controller as the old controller?

i don't know if this would matter as they prob use the same protocol though.

paddymurray
29-03-2009, 10:30 PM
i was on to rdm on friday they loged into the system and checked it out the could do noting for me it is a different controller to the old 1 mercury have upgraded there controllers but that should not matter

Colin G
29-03-2009, 10:38 PM
i was on to rdm on friday they loged into the system and checked it out the could do noting for me it is a different controller to the old 1 mercury have upgraded there controllers but that should not matter

i wouldn't have thought so either mate, i have some notes in the van will have a read through them again tomorrow and see if i can come up with any other suggestions.

Devsan
30-03-2009, 01:01 AM
i would check the network cable first.
only needs to be loose or a dodgy connection then it will register then go offline and stay offline.

14Fourteen
30-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi all, I would try the following.
Switch off the case.
Go into the Datamanager Network Menu. Select option "Remove Device". Select the problem freezer and remove that device.
Go back to the main menu.
Check that the freezer is not on the list of controllers.
Check that the address of the module is unique.
Restart the freezer which, all being well should then come online after a couple of minutes max.

Dont forget that a controller that has previously been online will be in the Datamanager as "Offline" even if the controller no longer exists.
Or put another way once the Datamanager has been introduced to a controller numbered, for example 123, it will always think 123 exists. And will always search for it and assume if it dosent register it must therefore be "Offline".
Its reccomended to remove a device from the DM before swapping modules etc.

If theres a problem with the controller, module etc now it shouldnt be able to come online.

If it doesn't come on line then I'd try swapping the hub connection over with a working case to prove the hub is ok. Same goes for the cables etc.

If you duplicate an address it should still log on but will add some $ signs in the name. (I think)

Another tip I have found is to reduce the offline delay down to 2 mins while on site for testing purposes. Otherwise the DM will just display the last data aquired and give the impression that everything is ok when actually cases have gone offline.

Also recently had an issue with a Belkin 8 port hub that wouldn't let a controller onlline no matter what port was used. Swapped to another make of hub and all was fine.

Good luck

paddymurray
30-03-2009, 08:47 PM
that sounds like my problem im using a belkin hub could u tell me what type of a hub u used

Colin G
30-03-2009, 08:51 PM
have used netgear in the past and had no problems

paddymurray
30-03-2009, 09:08 PM
we have been using belkin as last three yearrs constantly but mercury have up graded the controllers we i changed all cables today tryed everything. i hope this man is right about the hub

Colin G
30-03-2009, 11:16 PM
we have been using belkin as last three yearrs constantly but mercury have up graded the controllers we i changed all cables today tryed everything. i hope this man is right about the hub

fingers crossed for you buddy

14Fourteen
31-03-2009, 10:29 AM
that sounds like my problem im using a belkin hub could u tell me what type of a hub u used

We have been using Sweex hubs from PC World Business.

Product Code: A0346504
Manufacturers #: SW005UK

They seem to have stopped doing the 8 port hub and only offer a 5 port. Which is why we used an 8 port Belkin. The Sweex are very small hubs (the mains adapter is as big as the hub almost) but they have been faultless so far.

Good luck

14Fourteen
08-04-2009, 03:44 PM

Did you have any success getting this working ?

andywill
08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I know from past experience you have to leave the network lead out of the device until you have set the address when you change a controller. You could also as previously mentioned remove the device from the data manager first, then plug in your newly addressed controller go into RLOG and re log it on to the system that way.

fridgespark
22-07-2010, 10:11 PM
as well as deleting the controller try deleting the file type but beware that you may have to log other controllers which share the same file type