PDA

View Full Version : McCrap ALS Chiller -Changing Hp setting and getting no help!

matt p
27-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to pick your brains if i may:)

Im currently working on two Mcwank ALS chillers, the works involve replacing the P.R.V's on the suction and discharge lines, pressure gauges and new drier cores.

Great i first thought, until i looked at the Hp cutout on the micro control panel. Its set to 26222kpa which is a little close to the burst point on the P.R.V being 27.6bar!.

I've read through the previous threads of people asking for the passwords and that but ive had no joy:confused:

I can post up the exact model number when im back on site tomorrow. One last thing, how do you take an oil sample from one of these screw compressors?. It does not have an oil catch tank so that rules that out. Ive tried a plug at the bottom of the compressor but there was next to nothing. Im stuck with my manager breathing done my neck about it.

Apologies for the rather long post:D

Regards

Matt

Magoo
28-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Unfortunate name for a peice of equipment.. Quote "Mcwank and McCrap ".
Respectfully suggest that you stop drinking, walk outside, grab some fresh air and start again, leave all the bull### at home. Then perhaps some one can help you.
magoo

matt p
28-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi magoo,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I take on board what you have said regarding the Mcquay and I
Apologise for it.

Its just annoying that every other company that builds chillers and or refrigeration
Plant has a helpfull service desk or helpline. The lady who I spoke to in kent yesterday
Just didn't want to know unless they looked after the kit.

Regards

Matt

DaikinGuy
30-04-2009, 09:34 AM
on some frame 4 compressors you have a small valve on the bottom of the external oil seperator. Maybe it might work out to get there a oil sample.

And 27bar on R134A? Are you sure your fans are running :-)