PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Ducted error code E0:00

Debonair Spain
27-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi all can anyone advise me on what to look for if i have an error code of E0:00 which means Comms error indoor to remote controller.

I do not have the indoor unit model number but the outdoor model number is AOY30RBJL.

Is it likely to be indoor circuit board
Remote controller
Remote controll cable.

superswill
27-03-2009, 05:40 PM
i think you three you have listed would be all worth checking

try using a different remote,check wiring even swap the PCB if you have the same units on site

Brian_UK
27-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Just had a faulty Fujitsu with three ducted units - found one blown fuse due to a dead motor.

Anything is possible.

krio
28-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Hi all can anyone advise me on what to look for if i have an error code of E0:00

Error code E0:00
Transmission and reception errors between the indoor
unit and remote controller .
1.Check wiring.
2.Using a different remote.
3.Use the oscilloscope to check the output waveform of pin 44 of the microcomputer.
If the waveform does not match that shown in the following figure, it may be due to failure of the following parts :
R7, R8, R9, R10, R11, R12, Q4, Q5, IC7, D6,
D7 or L4.
4.Use the oscilloscope to check the output waveform of pin 20 of the CN8.
If the waveform does not match that shown in the abov
figure, it may be due to failure of the following parts :
IC6, R12, R13, D6, D7 or L4

paul_h
29-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Well if you are getting comms error on the controller, E:00 fault, then the indoor PCB isn't 'dead' like brian_UKs was. You are getting a serial voltage fault, which should be 9-11V on the serial line.
You either have interferance on the line or a bad comms cable, or either the controller or indoor board is faulty as far as sending/recieving coms signal.

I've never tried this, but is it possible to use a diode check, or disconnect the serial line and check voltage from the indoor and the controller like we use for testing indoor and outdoor PCBs?
I normally carried spare controllers to test, but that's not an option for most people, neither is using an oscilloscope :D

Edit: I can say what I used to do as far as testing for cable/interference though. If I ever had this problem, the first thing I did is take the controller to the indoor unit and make my own test lead and wire directly to the unit terminals with my own short cable. If comms fault was still there, then the cable isn't faulty.

Debonair Spain
29-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys thanks for all your comments i am due at the place tomorrow and will carryout a couple of checks and will keep you posted.

I must admit i am more of an installation engineer than a service engineer, so if anyone can possibly advise me on other ways of testing please let me know.

saud khan
23-06-2009, 10:58 PM
i got an in the celing ducted system could not get at the indoor unit but the outdoor unit is AOY30RBJL and showing an E-EEE fault code can any one help

Yuri B.
24-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Good morning.
Have not fond it yet (surmise, maybe eeprom failure, that is, memory). But make some inspections on your A/C.
First, wheter filter before the evaporator is clean (as you say you cannot get to inside unit, most probably the filter stayed neglected for a long time).
How condensate there is removed ? Maybe condens pump alarm relay holding the AC.
On the outside unit - whether condenser is clean.
Also, reset power - keep switched off for at least a minute.

ozairman
24-06-2009, 11:26 AM
i got an in the celing ducted system could not get at the indoor unit but the outdoor unit is AOY30RBJL and showing an E-EEE fault code can any one help

To work out what the error code is press the orange start/stop button on the remote controller so unit operation is stopped.
Then press and hold "energy save" and "zone control" button simultaneously for at least five seconds, the error code will be along the lines of En:nn where the "En:" is the error code and the ":nn" indicates the indopor unit address if there are multiple indoor units connected to the one controller. If the upper vertical bar on the capital E is missing so it looks maybe like a 2 or something don't worry for some reasons they just do that:)

Some common error codes are:
E0 Communication error between indoor unit and wired remote control, check if there is 12VDC between terminal 1 + 3 at remote control and 8-9VDC pulsating between terminal 2 + 3. If DC volts out of Indoor pcb is below about 11.6VDC it will cause this error, the problem is normally dry capacitors in the 12 VDC power supply section. This model has two power supply sections on indoor pcb.
E1 Communication error between indoor unit and outdoor unit,
EF Discharge temperature abnormal
HTH

Yuri B.
24-06-2009, 12:25 PM
That fault codes table for Fujitsu you will find here (the link was given by smb in one of the threads)
http://www.oceanairdist.co.uk/contractors/about_us/index.html