PDA

View Full Version : Lineset mismatch

jelectric
26-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm changing a new minisplit with a 3/8- 5/8 lineset to a samsung mini split that uses 1/4- 5/8 does anybody know if it will be ok just to reduce the ends of existing 3/8 lineset,

i'm sure this is an easy question I just can't find an answer with the search function

thanks everybody & i'm hoping for a quick reply as i need to do this today

jelectric
27-03-2009, 02:45 PM
looks like the only way to find an amswer to this is to do it

no response because i'm in the u.s?
it's too easy a ?
it's too hard a ?
or nobody cares?

did I leave anything out?

SteinarN
27-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I think it should be ok. If it's a long pipe run you might want to check for enough refrigerant as the 3/8" pipe is larger than intended. The worst that can happen is you maybe have to add a small amount of refrigerant.

jelectric
27-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I think it should be ok. If it's a long pipe run you might want to check for enough refrigerant as the 3/8" pipe is larger than intended. The worst that can happen is you maybe have to add a small amount of refrigerant.

Thank you very much!!! it's only a 25' run so it should be fine

please excuse my impatience this has been the most expensive month of my life so far i've lost $6000 tryng to save $2000 by buying amcor brand mini splits instead of a name brand

Live and learn!! you get what you pay for!!

glenn1340
27-03-2009, 05:11 PM
I`ve was in the same situation with some Daikin wall units that were moved to replace the previous smaller ones. I had to increase the pipe size at the indoor unit, that was over a year ago and there`s been no problems reported since.