PDA

View Full Version : Samsung SH18BP6 reset

titiman
26-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I have three Samsung Air Conditioner units around the house (split), the problem is that they are no longer doing the cold they should do.

I know the outside unit and the inner units are OK, since the technician was here not a week ago fixing a Error 559 and after he was done, everything was perfect. However I had the need to shutdown down the energy in the house (to fix a few electrical issues) and ever since I did that, the units no longer gave the cold I'm used to.

The outside fan on the unit is working, however, it's not producing hot air like it should.

I took pictures of everything.

Links to pictures removed. I'm not allowed to post them until I have 15 posts.

I believe that, by reconfiguring (reset?) the outside unit (the technician said he entered some code), things will get back to normal. Any ideas?

Thank you VERY much for any input.

nike123
26-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Yep, you need to enter option codes. Call your technician to do that.

titiman
26-03-2009, 02:01 PM
The idea was to do this myself. Not possible?

nike123
26-03-2009, 03:03 PM
The idea was to do this myself. Not possible?

Possible, but what if you enter wrong ones or not follow procedure correctly.

Search this forum with "samsung option" keywords.

titiman
26-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Possible, but what if you enter wrong ones or not follow procedure correctly.

Search this forum with "samsung option" keywords.

Hi nike123,

I found your thread (the sticky one) with the codes, and it even has my model number there.

The problem is that I have no idea how to apply those codes.

The only reason I don't want to call the technician now is because I paid $200 for his last 20 minutes job, and in case I can't do it myself, I can't afford to call him again until next month. Staying without the AC until then is going to be tricky as the temperatures here are getting pretty high.

This is the panel on my outside unit: img205.imageshack.us/img205/5114/p3260019.jpg

titiman
26-03-2009, 05:20 PM
OK. The sticky thread had the information, I just wasn't seeing straight.

My question is:

A week ago the technician did something on the OUTSIDE unit. Would applying the option code using the remote fix the problem?

I was under the impression (from what I understood) that he had applied a 'code' on the outside unit.

Thank you.

nike123
26-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Option codes are entered by remote control at indoor unit.

titiman
26-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Option codes are entered by remote control at indoor unit.

OK. So I want to try it out, the problem is that the manual it's in German, and I can't understand how to apply the codes with my remote. It's the same as the one on page 28.

Thank you.

titiman
26-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I used Google to translate the PDF and I entered the code for one of the units. However, it's now giving a E163. Any ideas?

titiman
26-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I fixed the error. Had the wrong code. It's working again, but I don't think it made any changes.

What I did was to enter the code and then press ON/OFF.

titiman
26-03-2009, 06:38 PM
It definitely worked. The air coming out of it is ALLOT cooler than it was.

Sorry for all this flooding. :)

I have to do this on all units, right?

titiman
26-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Seems things aren't working as they should. I entered the correct option codes for all inside units, however, the fan on the outside unit isn't moving anymore.

superswill
26-03-2009, 10:25 PM
gents,

the option code is very over used it is just a means of programing the PCB to the relevant indoor model,

needed when changing a new PCB and in some cases after a power cut(error code 163-161 from mem)

these should codes should used in these examples and not as a sure fire quick fix

titiman
26-03-2009, 10:59 PM
How can I reconfigure my outdoor unit? Or perform a reset.