PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VAM heater

R1976
25-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Does anybody know anything about electric heaters that can be fitted to VAM units?

I am looking for installation and commissioning manuals to see how easy they are to fit but cannot find anything on Daikin's website.

Brian_UK
25-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't think Daikin do electric heaters, I know Mitsi do but that's no help.

You might have to think about adding induct heaters.

laf100
25-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Daikin definatley do a thyristor controlled heater battery kit, that can be fitted for pre-heat or re-heat, I know for sure because I have commissioned a couple, the wiring diagram is an "official" Daikin one.
I will do my best to dig it out of my van tomorrow, and post the drawing refrence number.

Brian_UK
25-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Well done Laf.

wardy2
26-03-2009, 09:22 AM
The kit that Daikiin do is a 2 or 3 kw inline duct heater that fits into the supply duct for the vam unit. The main reason for it to be installed is to protect the paper filters in the vam unit from damp air.It comes with two sensors to install into the ducting and it connects into the vam control box with a two core flex that connects onto the board with the white plug with a red and a blue cable on it(the one thats in the bag that usually gets lost because no one new what they were for) There is a minium distance to install it from the vam,it needs its own power supply and when its turned on you need to put two servive codes into the controller for the unit to see the heater. When you buy the heater all the stuff touy need comes with it.

jteixiera
26-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Please find attached details for the daikin electric heater for pre-heat or re-heat

R1976
26-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Wow, thanks for the replies, I thought I was going to struggle for information.

I always wondered what that red and blue wire adapter was for and over the years I kept a few just in case. What a result!

The power works out at 8.3 amps so I suppose I could spur off the VAM power supply, what do you think?

laf100
26-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Well done jtexeria, thats the diagram I forgot to look for today!!

Brian_UK
26-03-2009, 11:04 PM
I think that I'll go sit in the corner quietly. :)

wardy2
27-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Brian.
I am sure you would agree that we can,t know every thing about every unit and what makes this forum so usefull is the combined exsperiences of everybody and their willingness to share those exsperiences. Having only recently discovered the forum i find it really usefull and its good to know that theres a good chance that someone will have an answer to some of the problems we come up against.

jteixiera
28-03-2009, 08:52 AM
i dont post as i should as i am a part time student with a full time job. however i do have lots of technical data so i will try to help out more frequently.

R1976
09-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Just fitted heaters today but still got to finish wiring.

They were a different beast and came from Space Air but they were simple to fit. They bolt on the back of the VAM with a square duct section and have the control box bolted on the side. Only 1 air on probe to fit but wiring a bit of a head scratcher, lots of bits and no instructions, which leads me to another question for all you KRP lovers. How do you get a KRP50 board to fit in the control box? Daikin reckon you can 'make space' for it but don't give a definitive answer(the shirkers).:confused: