PDA

View Full Version : Door seals

Andy AC
25-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Hello guys, anybody know who to get door seals for a large sadia double door, stainless upright fridge, - they look like foster seals? - could be wrong though. Unfortunately cannot find data plate anywhere.
Also need to change a seal on an old mondial elite PVX60 which, I think is the one that has to be glued in. Getting the seal isn't a problem, just wondering if any of you guys have done one and how to do it best. The last one of these I sent back when I found out it had to be glued in, haven't had the misfortune to come across another one until now.

Andy

Brian_UK
25-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Have you tried HRP?

WCC73
25-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Andy,

Viscount Catering in Sheffield for Sadia spares(01142570100)

Best of luck with the mondial chiller.Have tried on numerous occasions to fit door seals to these fridges and they constantly fall off/ fail to fit properly.
Now i just tell the customer that they will require a new door as it saves on numerous call backs/hassle

laf100
26-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Have not had the pleasure of any Sadia work for a long time now, but they used to have a plastic "retainer" strip, that you had to slide in place to hold on the gasket, might be different nowadays though.
As for the data plate, have you pulled the cabinet out? The MN/SN used to be at the rear top, just where you don't want it to be!!

:cool:

Andy AC
26-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks chaps, I'll give them a call. I looked all over that fridge for data plate, all I found were a few numbers on top of the condenser coil - ref charge, running amp, earth test etc. but nothing of any usefulness. As for the mondial, I'm gonna try and get out of that somehow.

Andy

doormaster2008
26-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Hello guys, anybody know who to get door seals for a large sadia double door, stainless upright fridge, - they look like foster seals? - could be wrong though. Unfortunately cannot find data plate anywhere.
Also need to change a seal on an old mondial elite PVX60 which, I think is the one that has to be glued in. Getting the seal isn't a problem, just wondering if any of you guys have done one and how to do it best. The last one of these I sent back when I found out it had to be glued in, haven't had the misfortune to come across another one until now.

Andy
andy.contact a company called collins extrusions.they will send you samples of all thier seals,then give them the sizes and they will make them for you,and a lot cheaper than the originals

tonyhavcr
31-03-2009, 03:24 AM
In the US I use Refrigeration Hardware Supply Corp. Distributor of commercial refrigeration parts and accessories.
they will make any type or size gasket
http://rhsc.net/