PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant Pipe

jteixiera
25-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Good Morning,

just a quick question maybe someone can point me in the right direction. i am looking for guidelines for running refigerant pipe work in a trench (R-410A).

is there any rules and regulation on the construction of the trench?

Thank You

Jose Teixeira

glenn1340
25-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Just found this on Trane`s site:

Don't install suction lines underground. The likelihood of corrosion, vibration, condensation of water outside—and refrigerant inside—the line, combined with inaccessibility and difficulty in maintaining cleanliness, make this practice unwise. If underground installation is unavoidable, make provisions to insulate, waterproof and encase the lines in a hard sleeve.

Plus there`s the added joy of knowing if there`s going to be a leak you know just where it`s going to be!!

jteixiera
26-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks Glenn

Prince Vaillant
27-03-2009, 03:05 PM
YOu could use this (http://www.pipelagging.com/armaflex-waterproof-tuffcoat-underground-insulation-c-93.html) and enclose it in soil pipe to protect it from crushing.

glenn1340
27-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Good link that prince vaillant, i`ll make a not of that

R1976
29-03-2009, 07:57 PM
We have run pipes underground in various ways. There are concrete sections on the market which have detachable lids and pipe can be laid in these on cable tray or brackets to keep it off the floor. Drainage can be provided from the bottom although building contractors rarely do this.

When we have run pipes under supermarket floors they have just been infilled with concrete, beware of leaks if you go down this path.

jteixiera
30-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the comments i know that this can be done however in what British standard is the running of refrigeration pipe work in underground trenches covered in?