PDA

View Full Version : fridge/freezer not cooling

wilt
23-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi can anyone help i have a phillips/whirlpool fridge freezer the frozen part door was left slightly ajar and the whole compartment iced up i switched the fridge of and let it defrost after a while i managed to get it started again but its not icing up anymore the compressors running but does,nt seem to nbe doin much any ideas?:confused:

amitsaxena
24-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Dear Check for the compressor running or if the compressor is running then check for fan as due to excess ice there may be some damage.
If these are not the reason the reply me back
thanks

brian m w
24-03-2009, 07:33 PM
[quote=wilt;139358]Hi can anyone help i have a phillips/whirlpool fridge freezer the frozen part door was left slightly ajar and the whole compartment iced up i switched the fridge of and let it defrost after a while i managed to get it started again but its not icing up anymore the compressors running but does,nt seem to nbe doin much any ideas?:confused:[/quote
Hi, is your machine frost free??? if so how long did you defrost it for?? i would recomend two days with the door open. This is because if it is frost free it works on an air flow and if there is ice still in the system it stops the air flow.

wilt
24-03-2009, 07:49 PM
my fridge has no fans & its completly defrosted the condensor coil is on the back outside wall and is of convection type when the comp is running i can hear liquid or gas flowing im wondering if its not going to full speed ie run windings or circuit?

amitsaxena
26-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Dear Wilt,

Because of the excess frosting on the eva., the load on ref is increase hence there is a possiblity of High pressure joint leak. Check for leakage as it will lead to no cooling.
thanks
amit

wilt
26-03-2009, 06:46 PM
thanx amit i will fit some gauges and check pressures problem being theres only 0.80 grammes R 12 in system