PDA

View Full Version : Daikin roundflow noisey

laf100
23-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Anyone had experience of Daikin roundflow cassettes on a VRVIII 3 pipe? The roundflows always seem a bit "hissy" (refrigerant flow noise through EEV) but I have 2 that are even worse, a real loud gargling/slurping type sound...weird!
Both happen to be sharing a BS box with another roundlow cassette, that is not so noisy. The pipework, refnets, and BS boxes have been checked (EEV heads fully on & "clicked in place") and both fan coil EEV's have been "refrenced", this has reduced the noise a bit, but I am half expecting complaints to follow, along the lines of "by A/C sounds like a cistern filling/draining"!!

Any feedback much appreciated.;)

LAF100

wardy2
23-03-2009, 10:38 AM
A service engineer i know had a similar noise from some mitsi vrfs in Bath and he was told to change the refrigerant gas by Mitsi technical.Once he did this the noise was cured. If you speak to Daikin the first thing that they will say will be do you know if the charge is correct. Guarenteed

laf100
23-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I would usually do the same thing, but the noise was found during commissining.... by a "daikin" engineer!! Charge was calculated & added by them, fan coil performance is fine. He was baffled as well.

afm
27-03-2009, 10:29 PM
I have heard of this happening alot more than it should from several people, especially when the cassettes are on VRVs.

Will the manufacturer (Daikin) own up and say there is a problem?

Or will they just wait until people start to install other manufacturers kit instead before they rectify it?