PDA

View Full Version : Full size trailer unit without diesel engine

Chillerbuilder
21-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I have been reading different articles about the TK and Trans units as compared to others and never see anything about a trailer unit that is better than theirs.
I ran across one a few years ago in California. It was completely powered by hydraulic motors that were powered by a hydraulic pump mounted on the tractor engine. The driver of the rig loved it and said it was much quieter than any he had ever seen before by anyone. It was easy to operate because he could turn it on or off from in the cab.
I have been trying to find out who made the unit and finally found them this last week. They haven't been advertising the unit on their web site because they are still testing the latest version. The company is SeaBreeze Refrigeration in Oregon. Their web page is their name plus the .com. I thought when I saw it that it was a great idea but I guess they have really progress since then (about a year ago). No diesel fuel. No maintenance except for one filter and one belt per year. Check them out and see what you think. I have been working on these things for about 20 years and have never seen anything so dependable or easy to fix.