PDA

View Full Version : Expansions joints in cold store flooring

smpsmp45
21-03-2009, 04:37 AM
Does any one has any specific details on this aspect. We find that if the expansions joints are very near to the door opening, due to movement of Fork trucks the chances of floor getting damaged are more. There must be a definite solution to this issue

Peter_1
22-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Why you need expansion joints anyhow, besides those on the walls?

smpsmp45
23-03-2009, 04:38 AM
IN the RCC flooring done on top of the Conventional Flooring insulation this is always done. But our experience shows that the Civil guys are not aware on this issue

Peter_1
23-03-2009, 07:37 PM
What's the RCC flooring?

Gossioii1
17-04-2009, 09:54 PM
This is a great article. I’m new to blogging but still learning. Thanks for the great resource.

gwapa
28-04-2009, 02:26 AM
hello smpsmp45
The floor in a cold store is a very interesting isue
The Expansions joints are very import in big Cold Warehouse.
We make it in two way:a) WE make a cilinder and piston type union .The steel bar in the concrete ,just in the joints , are conected with a special union that look like a piston and cilinder .We put some grease to garantee movements. Note the movement is only horinzontal. b) there are another way using a joints with a metal in triangular form. You instal one in a direccion an another in the other way. This type of joint has a two direction movements .Horizontal and vertical.
the floor is cut in the joints place with a saw more or les 3 mm.The groove is filles with a especial resin
Regards

gwapa
28-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Gossioii1
I couldīt see the article Could you please post it again?
Thanks
Gwapa

smpsmp45
28-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Yes I am also keen to get that article.

Dear Gwapa

Our experience is that the grooves must be atleast 2.5 mt away from the door. That is to take care of load of the MHE( Fork Truck!!!)

But I am looking for some special info on this. Your Cylinder piston concept is really good. Can you send more details on that?

Josip
04-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi, Petert_1 :)

What's the RCC flooring?

It can be acronym for many things... see this...

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Reinforced+Cement+Concreteeviation for many things like here

In Vietnam when we build a concrete factory for dam RCC meaning was - Roller Compacted Concrete ... the way of dam building/construction

but here can be also Reinforced Cement Concrete ...;)

Best regards, Josip :)

gwapa
10-05-2009, 12:27 AM
smpsmp45
May be this link could help you
Regards
Gwapa
http://www.performanceflooring.basf-cc.co.uk/en/products/Information/Documents/DesignandPreparation.pdf

smpsmp45
10-05-2009, 05:03 AM
Dear Gwapa,

It is very informative article, Many thanks