PDA

View Full Version : follett ice flakers

fowlie
20-03-2009, 10:35 PM
just wondered if anyone has had alot of motor/gearbox failures,always start tripping on the motor protection switch but reset and check but no faults ever found apart from high motor temps but due to unit being enclosed theirs not alot you can do.test to check incase units running to low on evap but always okay.the models a wcf712a just wondering if anybodys found a reason for these failures as the motors arent last over two years tops and theyre not cheap as my boss keeps reminding me

tarcau mihai
20-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Hello!
I worked with Follet and as you said always problem with the gear motors!can you put some pics to see if i can help you....
Regards Mihai

fowlie
20-03-2009, 10:54 PM
haven t got will try to get

tarcau mihai
20-03-2009, 11:05 PM
If you have problem with the evap gear motor check the bearings..i didn't work on the model as you specified but i will sent you instruction manual if you need to make a ideea..
just let me know
Regards Mihai

fowlie
20-03-2009, 11:19 PM
noticed a grase point on gear box but the company that supply them do a maintence yearly,it seems to be the motor that overheats it has the cooling fins to blow air over it but they fit a splash shield over it and their is not any ventilation holes in the motor housing.tried to get info off website but couldnt find that model.and all manuels were basic install ones for a newer looking version.cheers anyway

jockfrost
22-03-2009, 11:02 AM
SNAP,

I to have experienced alot of gearbox and compressor failures on the WCF 712 A, have you replaced the 2 nylon washers on the extruding head, if they are worn it will give you problems.
Also check the brass bush within the head to see if it is elongated, change if it is ( expensive)

Cornelius Web Site has the maunals for this model:rolleyes:

fowlie
22-03-2009, 09:03 PM
thanks for the link jackfrost
i stupidly went to the follett website to try and get info
and when you phone the uk agents all you get is put in a call for them to look at it.the problem we have is that they are all installed to 13amp plugs so they tend to trip out alot,will give that service manual a good reading and check the seals as you said.we have around twenty of these and they are doing my nut in,have you noticed the high liquid pressures that they run at i thought it odd they were so high but checked a few and they are all the same.
cheers for that ;)