PDA

View Full Version : electronics

oldtimer
19-03-2009, 07:49 PM
tell me which electronics you rate the best for reliability ease to set up ie elm danfoss next carel rdm rcs etc etc

fowlie
19-03-2009, 08:00 PM
danfoss akc114b will run forever with no problems alot better than the new ekcs,i have never had one fail and dont get same problems with network faults as with rdm and elm tuscans.jtl are also good and old style gaurdians not sure about the new ones as only got a few.but if youre going by price proberly RDM as seems to be popular with alot of our customers.

750 Valve
20-03-2009, 10:44 AM
CPC reflecs series just keep on kicking, RMCC with standard circuits (no case controls) is harder to kill than a brown dog.

Next in line is Danfoss Akcess with AKC case controls - very stable (original US ones, not after they incorporated Euro Adap Kool controllers)

For worst I'd say a toss up between later generation Microm Guardian (RCU12 and RCC20) and CPC Einstein (1st one - NOT the E2 they are great)

tony--1
20-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I like the G.barker and CDK contollers very easy to use . Still got 20yr + old G.barkers out there . HATE micro cool go for a long time but a pain to set up

coolhibby1875
20-03-2009, 07:09 PM
as fowlie says there is no controller as reliable than the danfoss akc114b but as tony says they are a nightmare to set up however tesco have replace most of their cpc panels to the e2 version so all you do is set the adress switch the thing on and it uploads the settings.
RDM when they first come out where magic but as they all do they are now made for pennies in china and the quality is just not there anymore and they are crammed with way to many variations in the 1 box.
My fav controller that i use is the NEXT controller used in waitrose even more so now they are using pt1000.

tony--1
20-03-2009, 08:40 PM
yh forgot about next and jtl

cpunut562
15-04-2009, 03:14 AM
A Brown Dog??

Is that worse than black, tan, etc.?

You are ;) right on with your assesment of controllers. Seen supermarkets all over the Carolina's and up to NY. RMCC's are a relentless enemy of "old man time".

750 Valve
15-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Its an old Aussie saying - a brown dog just keeps on keeping on.

Slatts
26-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Gotta concur with 750. You couldn't kill an RMCC with a stick.
I like the Danfoss stuff to, but find the interface to be a bit counter intuitive when I'm hunting for an obscure setting in the middle of the night. Probably cause I've grown up with CPC.
Phasefails Pressent systems can be a bit of a pain in the fundament at times.

750 Valve
27-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Phasefails Pressent systems can be a bit of a pain in the fundament at times. yeah like when you refurb a store and need to change EVERY card as they aren't backwards compatible, and even Phasefale can't definitely tell you which cards can do with a chip change and which need all new cards. Not to mention if you want a replacement input or output card now you could be up for a full controls upgrade depending on how old the site is. No wonder Woolies have gone to E2 only on all new and refurb stores.

R.I.P. Presscon

Slatts
27-04-2009, 10:12 AM
yeah like when you refurb a store and need to change EVERY card as they aren't backwards compatible, and even Phasefale can't definitely tell you which cards can do with a chip change and which need all new cards. Not to mention if you want a replacement input or output card now you could be up for a full controls upgrade depending on how old the site is. No wonder Woolies have gone to E2 only on all new and refurb stores.

R.I.P. Presscon
Oh thank God. I thought it was just me:D

Controlguy
08-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Ah the joy of ordering a new presscon card that wont talk , learnt to order a downgrade chip with a new card , not free of course . E2 cpc is rock solid until case controllers join the party !
but to be fair mainly just install wiring problems. danfoss strong and simple but limited if you want to programm in some fancy stuff.

750 Valve
10-05-2009, 11:27 AM
danfoss strong and simple but limited if you want to programm in some fancy stuff.

yeah before you know it you are up 20 odd calculations just to control a liquid pump!!!:D:D