PDA

View Full Version : WR Call in Receivers

CJG21
19-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I heard today that WR are callin in the receivers tomorrow and there is talk of them going bust? I dont know how true this is and it may just be rumours from started by rival companies but has anyone heard anything?

From what I gather WR's parent company, Huerre are owned by an Icelandic bank....

Even though they would be a big competitor to a lot of us I hope this isnt the case as there would probably be over 200 jobs lost if this was the case

CONROD
19-03-2009, 05:24 PM
scare-mongering as usual, I reckon!!

tony--1
19-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Wat a load of ****E. HUURRE also own porkka uk .

fowlie
19-03-2009, 06:42 PM
i think hurre owed money to hbos not any icelandic bank and if a parent company was in trouble this wouldnt mean that wr would go into recivership i think,alot of stories have been getting made up for a while about alot of companies.i think its people out to harm companies images but time will tell

multisync
19-03-2009, 07:38 PM
We heard Wr were in big trouble back in Feb. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if this happened. Not the first and certainly not the last.

Still if it does happen you can get a shiny new uniform out of it ;-)

Brian_UK
19-03-2009, 10:38 PM
The expression "I heard today that WR are calling in the receivers tomorrow" is highly unlikely to be true.

Unless you are working for the senior management of WR in which case you would be one of the few to know.

That type of information is not put into the public domain until after the fact normally.

coolhibby1875
20-03-2009, 12:27 AM
this rummer was put out by honeywell and was done so to scare thier own engineers from jumping ship to wr as their engineers are leaving in droves.
i can assure you that wr are far from calling in the recievers tomorrow or any other day.Also i am suprised that the site moderators alow this type of thread.

tony--1
20-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Well today has came and gone !! The only recievers in WR are the ones you put liquid into . I heard it was started by honeywell too

Quality
20-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Shock horror I was at honeywell yesterday (thursday) and could not help noticing at least 6 guys thumbing there pockets with nothing to do :eek:

Colin G
20-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Also i am suprised that the site moderators alow this type of thread.

thats what my initial thoughts where when i first saw this thread last night, bit insensitive. also heard this rumor today at work but dismissed it as there seems to be rumors every other day of the week.

Brian_UK
20-03-2009, 07:58 PM
this rummer was put out by honeywell and was done so to scare thier own engineers from jumping ship to wr as their engineers are leaving in droves.
i can assure you that wr are far from calling in the recievers tomorrow or any other day.Also i am suprised that the site moderators alow this type of thread.Perhaps because we have got long memories :)
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=99681#post99681

Grizzly
20-03-2009, 08:09 PM
The list of good guys must be getting smaller by the day Brian?
Grizzly

Brian_UK
20-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Well, we know of two at least, don't we ;)

PM on way.

coolhibby1875
20-03-2009, 09:30 PM
and your point is ?

tony--1
20-03-2009, 11:12 PM
The list of good guys must be getting smaller by the day Brian?
Grizzly

obviously must be a private joke ? :D or im missing sumthing

750 Valve
24-03-2009, 10:04 AM
perhaps because we have got long memories :)
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=99681#post99681

give him a break Brian, that was nearly 1 year ago now, surely you can't expect him to have the same opinion for too long :D

coolhibby1875
24-03-2009, 07:28 PM
hi brian/750 valve if you read my post on tesco i was comentating on facts pure and simple facts.
when you work for a company for 18 years and you see a thread named WR CALL IN RECEIVERS its not good for morale and engineers start to worry about thier jobs ect.On the previous thread denmans had already gone to the wall and their engineers hadnt been paid so thats why i made the comment about the thread being shut down.
further more people i think the thread you put out brian about tiscally going out off buisness out of order also as they are still trading so dont have a go at me for dealing in facts when your busy making comments on speculation.

750 Valve
25-03-2009, 01:03 AM
hi nh3wizard i have noticed that someone somewhere is closing down threads just when they start to get intresting i use this site for a bit light hearted banter i wish some off the moderators of this site would lighten up a bit before they disapear up there own arses as it seems they are not happy unless they answering questions on supaheats.sorry to rant but a lot of engineers use this site to find info out about other companys/engineers.

the way I see it is as per the last lines of your quote from the old thread - I have quoted it above, sometimes its good to get a feel of whats happening in the industry - even if you guys are on the other side of the planet :D I can also see how it can snowball into a massive rumour mill though and that is not really helping anyone. I guess I see this thread just like the Denman's ones, just didn't expect you to contribute to one and protest another, but if you work for WR then I guess that is the main reason - and if you do its actually good to see a bit of loyalty to your employer coolhibby1875.