PDA

View Full Version : Any free software for HVAC design

happychan314
19-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Does anyone know any free software that can simulate condition of HVAC?

thx

Toosh
19-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know any free software that can simulate condition of HVAC?

thx

Hi Happy, Goto the Danfoss site and download Coolpack its free.

Norm

Toosh
19-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Oops I misread your thread that is for sizing systems

Norm

krio
19-03-2009, 10:49 PM
REFRIDIAG 4 is fault diagnosis simulation software.
REFRIBASE is at a "beginners" level of difficulty, REFREPAIR (which continues where REFRIBASE left off) is at an "intermediate" level, and REFRIDIAG (which follows on from REFREPAIR) is at a "qualified" User level.

Refridiag is a completely animated graphics program that authentically reproduces the operation of a refrigeration installation in real time.

This superbly realistic fault simulator continues where Refrepair leaves off. More than 45 refrigeration faults are successively displayed in a perfectly random order. The user is able to measure temperatures, or he can proceed by touch, by performing refrigeration tests or by checking the cleanliness of equipment. He/she can also inspect mechanical elements (and dismantle them if need be), consult the information plates, test electrical connections, search for leaks and measure current and airflow rates. All this is done in real time: YOU are the person who must carry out the repairs!
(Kotza-international.com)

qwdfg-007
20-03-2009, 07:09 AM
danfoss is ok,maybe

jedax81
15-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Danfoss is ok in terms of pipe sizing. But if your client wants to look for a performance on each points of your refrigeration system where it shows the P-H diagram, better use the CoolPak

desA
15-04-2009, 11:23 AM
A caution on Coolpak:

I use a commercial process simulator (Ch**cad) to simulate my heat-pump designs. What I've noticed in Coolpak, is that it underestimates the hot-gas discharge temperatures exiting from the compressor - by a rather large margin! (Ch**cad is known as being the leader in process simulation & various fluid property models can be used.)

Another issue seems to be in Coolpak's refrigerant property calculator used in the pipe-sizing section. Here too, I have found some discrepancies.

Other than that, I've found Coolpak to be a very nice offering - especially since it is free software.

nike123
17-04-2009, 03:01 PM
A caution on Coolpak:

I use a commercial process simulator (Ch**cad) to simulate my heat-pump designs. .

This name is censored! Please, could you send me full name of software by private message?

josei
17-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know any free software that can simulate condition of HVAC
Do you call free to software originated in non-communist country?:o

nike123
17-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Do you call free to software originated in non-communist country?:o
What political ideology has to do with origin of free software?