PDA

View Full Version : AEC Pinical chiller with trane comp

cptrdbrd
18-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Hello all
I have a custemer with a Application Engineering CO, Pinical Chiller with Trane M# CSHA 140 KO E000 P# com06434 compressors. we have had repeted compressor failurs and have taken mesures to corect the prob each time. we have done 3 oil and filter changes on each replacement. have sent a oil sampel to the lab after each clean up.we have installed a oil seprater on the discharge of the unt to try to keep oil in the condencer checked all the normal things:SH, SC, amps, volts(unit does have phase and voltage sensers and controls), Contactors, clean condencer coils, I have done a tare down of 3 of the compressors and found the main barring under the scroll and above the moter badly damaged. the damage is looking like liquid ref in the crank case oil. the barring is badly damaged with very little sings of overheating. we have checked the cc heaters (belly bands) we are going back and checking flow again suspecting low flow under heavy load conditions. we have installed all the compressors in cooler months so we are not on sight in the hot of the summer. We will be duble checking fan operation on condencers to inshure we are not doing to much sub cooling when we are not there.
we have noticed a trend with manufactures other than trane using trane compressors then after a wile going to others like: AIC and Desart Air. I am suspecting the Trane compressors are not playing well with others. we will be asking AEC if thay sugest installing some thing diffrent like copeland.
Ok to my question....... has any one elce seen this trend or have noticed repeted problums with this compressor same as the above prob. or diffrent?
Paul P

serviceman
28-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi:
that model of machine is for you to help, as Council reviews that expansion this firm and isolated in the succion system line valve bulb.
It does do deterioration has the power of the valve item? you have changed deshidratadores filters? verifies that the solenoids operate well! if it is cooled by air fans settings are correct, is one machine for formulation of ice, if so verifies the melting of the same.
Best regards