PDA

View Full Version : Remanufactured Scroll Compressors - Good or Bad?

TaffyLad
17-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Just wondering whether many people out have come across (installed or serviced) any remanufactured scroll compressors such as the Halltherm Rescroll. Personally I have only worked with copeland scrolls and was wondering if this remanufactured range were any more unreliable?

chemi-cool
17-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Hermetic compressors are not meant to be rebuilt.
Semi hermetic compressors do.

I never use rebuilt hermetics but go know, they might be worth the money.

K.R.Iyer
17-03-2009, 08:09 PM
if the re-manufactured scroll compressor can work well, it could make us richer by few dollars. Is it backed by warranty from Halltherm? If it fails with no warranty back-up and additional expenses to us, it is going to be a bit nasty for us and make us that much more over-cautious in future. Has anyone used the re-mfrd scroll so far? And any experience sharing.....

Toosh
17-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Just wondering whether many people out have come across (installed or serviced) any remanufactured scroll compressors such as the Halltherm Rescroll. Personally I have only worked with copeland scrolls and was wondering if this remanufactured range were any more unreliable?

Hi Taffy Have a look at this.

http://www.jehall.co.uk/library/docs/HallthermRescroll12.pdf

Norm

fowlie
17-03-2009, 09:24 PM
ive fitted about 10 of these and must admit they are no problem only slight issue is when they weld the comp back up sometimes the valves are slightly out of alignment with the base mountings but apart from that they run fine and havent had any failures yet.:)

taz24
18-03-2009, 02:22 PM

I have seen them being rebuilt and the quality is exceptional. They are as good as the original and have a warrentee to back it up.

Your only problem will be the range I don't think all models are rebuilt but the ones that are, are very good.

taz.

chillled
18-03-2009, 10:04 PM
we cut one open when a worked for a rebuilders and there is little to go wrong, just bearings and motors. Not used rebuilt scrolls but have fitted loads of re-man maneurops from prestons and they are spot on! same warranty as new but a third of the price! makes sense!

tony--1
19-03-2009, 07:52 PM
as far as im aware they are welding 2 rings to the body where they cut it open . then you can take them to bits easy after that . a good idea if you ask me

neocool
19-03-2009, 08:54 PM
HI all. Hermetic compressors are not meant to be rebuilt.
But some customers want to buy
more cheaply compressors. I did not see the re-manufactured scroll compressors.

coolhibby1875
20-03-2009, 01:18 AM
i have fitted tons of these rescroll compressors on tesco and have never had any problems.
They are less than half the price of new so it would be rude not to use them!

neocool
21-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi all. Hermetic compressors are not meant to be rebuilt.
But re-manufactured reciprocating compressors work 50/50%.
I didnt service the re-manufactured scroll comressors.